ADVERTISEMENT

Swofford

Bernheel

All-ACC
Dec 5, 2005
Say what you want about John Swofford but he sure set the ACC up for success. I'd love to have the 8 team league I grew up with however those days are gone. The Big East does not even exist anymore, the Big 12 is a MESS! Growing up, Texas vs Texas A&M was as big a football game that was played all year. The B12 would have been considered a much more powerful football conf than the ACC. Swofford has somehow positioned us as a top 4 FOOTBALL conf. While b12 commish has 2 of his teams left out in the cold. Fine work as far as I'm concerned. We very easily could have ended up where the Big East us now.

I think Swofford has done and is doing a very good job as commissioner. Much, probably most, of the criticism about him is coming from the ABC crowd, especially NC State, which can't stand the fact that the ACC commissioner is a UNC grad and former AD. It seems to me that at times John has gone out of his way NOT to appear to favor UNC. He has made some very smart moves and, as Bernheel points out, has positioned the ACC well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT