ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels lacrosse today

Carolina baseball loses 6 out of its last 7, lacrosse 2 out of 3 and soon to be 3 out of 4. WTF is wrong with these guys?

That is the $64,000 question.

Both teams look dead on their feet here late in the season. Mike Fox at least has made the CWS multiple times. Bresci can't get to Championship Weekend.

There is, as the announcers have said, no fight whatsoever in this UNC team today. None. It is perhaps the most embarrassing perfermonce by a UNC lacrosse team ever.

That is the $64,000 question.

Both teams look dead on their feet here late in the season. Mike Fox at least has made the CWS multiple times. Bresci can't get to Championship Weekend.

There is, as the announcers have said, no fight whatsoever in this UNC team today. None. It is perhaps the most embarrassing perfermonce by a UNC lacrosse team ever.

Most embarrassing I have seen.

How could we be 9 mins into the 3rd q and have no shots on goal. Just awful.

I did not see any of the game and it sounds like I did not miss much.

I will abstain from any further comment.

I did not see any of the game and it sounds like I did not miss much.

I will abstain from any further comment.

That's an understatement. It was sad to the mix. Somebody who had not seen the team and not read about it would have assumed this was a terrible mismatch, a #1 versus a losing team from one of the weaket conferences. It looked like the players either all had a hangover or had never been coached or just did not want to play.

It was back to the Dark Ages of UNC lacrosse. But then we did have a real lack of talent.

That's an understatement. It was sad to the mix. Somebody who had not seen the team and not read about it would have assumed this was a terrible mismatch, a #1 versus a losing team from one of the weaket conferences. It looked like the players either all had a hangover or had never been coached or just did not want to play.

It was back to the Dark Ages of UNC lacrosse. But then we did have a real lack of talent.

It was embarrassing. Total butt whippin'. I forced myself to watch the whole game because "hope springs eternal" but JC, that was like watching a JV team play the Varsity.

If UNC is serious about winning Lax National Championships (again), then the powers that be need to hightail it to Bryant University and roll out the red carpet for Mike Pressler. I know from the 60 minute's segment, he said he would not leave Bryant for another job and so far he has turned down some decent offers. But.....the best way he pay dook back for wrongfully firing him during their Lax mess years back, is to rub their smug ass nose in it from no other lacation than the "Hill".

Not only can he coach, he can flat out build a team. And with the boat load of talent we have assembled in Chapel Hill, Imo he could build a dynasty....Just think about this....UNC's Lax cupboards are so full right now that we don't play any freshman, that's right we don't play freshmen because the talent is so rich and heavy laiden with upper classmen. In other words we better do something quick before the pendulum swings in the other direction and we're plagued by tranfers.

I'm not trying to rant on the coach, but that was just a horrible display today from our young men and with the talent we've had on the Hill the past years, 1991 should not be the last year we won it all. jus sayin.

Last edited:
If UNC is serious about winning Lax National Championships (again), then the powers that be need to hightail it to Bryant University and roll out the red carpet for Mike Pressler. I know from the 60 minute's segment, he said he would not leave Bryant for another job and so far he has turned down some decent offers. But.....the best way he pay dook back for wrongfully firing him during their Lax mess years back, is to rub their smug ass nose in it from no other lacation than the "Hill".

Not only can he coach, he can flat out build a team. And with the boat load of talent we have assembled in Chapel Hill, Imo he could build a dynasty....Just think about this....UNC's Lax cupboards are so full right now that we don't play any freshman, that's right we don't play freshmen because the talent is so rich and heavy laiden with upper classmen. In other words we better do something quick before the pendulum swings in the other direction and we're plagued by tranfers.

I'm not trying to rant on the coach, but that was just a horrible display today from our young men and with the talent we've had on the Hill the past years, 1991 should not be the last year we won it all. jus sayin.

Until today, I was totally opposed to any talk about replacing Joe Breschi. I have felt that we have missed too many Big Wins per the talent we've had under Breschi, but all the good I thought ratehr easily outweighed the failures. But that loss today was so horrible, now I would undertand why Bubba Cunningham might make a move.

Pressler was screwed horribly by Dook, and he is proven to make teams better. At least he got Dook to the title game, and the team that got shut down easily could have won it all.

Andy Shay from Yale. Go get that guy. Best coach out there that nobody talks about. He would kill it at Carolina

Continuing with no comment
No, you're not.

And your repeated "no comment" posts are evidence of what a little crybaby you are. You had ample opportunity to share your thoughts on the other thread and ran away with your tail tucked between your legs. Don't come skulking back after a loss with your I-told-you-so B.S.

Last edited:
Until today, I was totally opposed to any talk about replacing Joe Breschi. I have felt that we have missed too many Big Wins per the talent we've had under Breschi, but all the good I thought ratehr easily outweighed the failures. But that loss today was so horrible, now I would undertand why Bubba Cunningham might make a move.

Pressler was screwed horribly by Dook, and he is proven to make teams better. At least he got Dook to the title game, and the team that got shut down easily could have won it all.

It's kind of a stretch to go from totally opposed to any talk to understanding why Bubba might make a move, which I seriously doubt would happen, given the recent academic performance of the team. We both know how much weight that carries these days.

I was very disappointed with Sunday's effort and I do think a good bit of that loss can be laid on him, especially waiting so long to pull Burke. The defense looked horrible. I don't know much about Chris Feifs, but I wouldn't say he turned in an acceptable performance this year. Metzbower is a stud though- hard to blame him for any of Carolina's losses.

This team was also hurt by not having a better than average faceoff middie to replace Keenan.

ETA: I just read up on Feifs. He is in charge of defense, goalie and faceoffs. He is also lead recruiter. 1 of his 4 jobs he seems to do very well. The other 3 need a good deal of improvement. He's a young guy too- may be in over his head on the tactical side of things.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT