ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels lacrosse vs. Syracuse

Tied at the half 5-5.

We are not playing very well, espwcially against Galasso.

Another Man up for Cuse

We simply don;t look right in any part of the game. But for Burke at Goal.

Offside call, which was wrong, costs us any shot at tying.

I couldn't tell on the replay, but Tutton may not have gotten back in time- the ref was looking straight down the midfield line though.

We lost this game because we couldn't faceoff worth a damn.

I can't imagine we would be worse than a 5 seed under any circumstance. We have lost to the 1 ranked team by a goal, the 3 team by a goal and the 5 by 2. We have beaten a 1, a 2 and several 5-10.

The only way we would have to play Denver again would be if they were a 4 and us a 5, and in that case, I would think we would be playing on the east coast. I guess if we somehow slipped to a 6 and Denver was the 3 it would be out there, but I can't see how Denver gets a 3 seed under any circumstance.

I can't imagine we would be worse than a 5 seed under any circumstance. We have lost to the 1 ranked team by a goal, the 3 team by a goal and the 5 by 2. We have beaten a 1, a 2 and several 5-10.

The only way we would have to play Denver again would be if they were a 4 and us a 5, and in that case, I would think we would be playing on the east coast. I guess if we somehow slipped to a 6 and Denver was the 3 it would be out there, but I can't see how Denver gets a 3 seed under any circumstance.

The NCAA has screwed UNC quite a few times in several sports. So if the commitee concludes that us lsing 2 to end the seaon means we are COLD and no better than a #5 that must play at #4 Denver, I will not be surprised.

Denver is destroying Marquette right now 9-1.

The NCAA has screwed UNC quite a few times in several sports. So if the commitee concludes that us lsing 2 to end the seaon means we are COLD and no better than a #5 that must play at #4 Denver, I will not be surprised.

Denver is destroying Marquette right now 9-1.

I'm pretty sure that if Denver were a 4, then they would play quarterfinal round in Annapolis with the 1 seed, who will be an East Coat team. I may be wrong about this though. Lemme do some research and see what I can find.

We probably need Duke to win today. That would make UMD-ND-Cuse-Duke as the probable top 4 with Denver as 5. Or even if Denver held 4, Duke would go to 5.

At this point, any of the top 6 teams has a legitimate shot. If I had to pick a favorite, it's Cuse simply because they faceoff so well. But I still think Carolina goes deep this year- all of their losses have been really tight. Should be fun regardless.

I'm pretty sure that if Denver were a 4, then they would play quarterfinal round in Annapolis with the 1 seed, who will be an East Coat team. I may be wrong about this though. Lemme do some research and see what I can find.

We probably need Duke to win today. That would make UMD-ND-Cuse-Duke as the probable top 4 with Denver as 5. Or even if Denver held 4, Duke would go to 5.

At this point, any of the top 6 teams has a legitimate shot. If I had to pick a favorite, it's Cuse simply because they faceoff so well. But I still think Carolina goes deep this year- all of their losses have been really tight. Should be fun regardless.

Cuse just beat Dook by 1.

I think the Orange will get the #1 seed, with ND #2. I think we deserve #3, but I do not trust the NCAA in seeding any UNC team.

I have looked all over the interwebs and I can't figure out who gets sent to which quarterfinal location. I will call the NCAA tomorrow.

ETA: from what I can tell, the only way we could have to play Denver in Denver would be if we were seeded 6 and they were 3 (or vice versa). But I need to call to confirm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT