ADVERTISEMENT

Tequila and Rum

UNC71-00

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
I'm heading to an all inclusive joint south of Cancun on Wed for a wedding. Apparently this place has all the top shelf bottles, but unless you specify when ordering, they give you something from the Aristocrat line of fine liquors.

I really don't know much about tequila and rum these days- what should I ask for? I'm not drinking shots of anything- mixed drinks only. Also, any mixed drink recommendations?

Mixed drinks at the beach? Dark N Stormy, gin and tonic.

Just look up and see what's on the top shelf. As long as it's not Aristocrat it's not going to make all that much difference in a mixed drink.

Reactions: UNC71-00

Just look up and see what's on the top shelf. As long as it's not Aristocrat it's not going to make all that much difference in a mixed drink.

Yes but as it is free, might as well go high on the hog.

My beach mixed drink is a mojito.

I went to a wedding at an all-inclusive in the Bahamas about 10 years ago. Every time I walked up to the bar, I said, "Surprise me."

Don't do what I did. That's the only advice I have to offer.

Painkillers Mon!

Just looked at the recipe for this. It is going to be the first thing I order.

I wanna make sure the Amigos mix it right- is it pronounced PUGH-ssers rum or Puss (as in lady parts)- ers rum? Although I assume any good dark rum will work- is that assumption correct?

You think they will have a good ginger beer behind the bar in Mexico?

Just looked at the recipe for this. It is going to be the first thing I order.

I wanna make sure the Amigos mix it right- is it pronounced PUGH-ssers rum or Puss (as in lady parts)- ers rum? Although I assume any good dark rum will work- is that assumption correct?
It is pronounced like PUGH not like a body part. I'm not sure whether or not Cancun bartenders are familiar with Painkillers but they are the drink of choice in some parts of the Caribbean , most notably the BVI. Really, any good dark rum will work. The Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke in the BVI claims to have invented them. Be careful though, they can sneak up on you. Check out the webcam on the Soggy Dollar's website sometime; some awesome scenery sometimes!

I'm skeptical that they'll have good ginger beer in Mexico. But if they do, my vote is Dark 'n Stormy. If they somehow have Goslings ginger beer, you're set and you should stick to just that. Make sure they make it with dark rum though, not regular rum.

May want to try a Bushwhacker if they have them. Another one that can sneak up on you but they are pretty tasty.

Another good suggestion. I'm glad someone on this board knows how to drink.

I drank the hell out of painkillers. No ginger beer for dark and stormys. Also had several of a tequila drink called a Paloma. A few house drinks involving rum and beer. Mimosas every morning with breakfast and who knows how many beers interspersed throughout the day. Ice was sourced and all water was bottled.
I'm gonna need a new liver.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I drank the hell out of painkillers. No ginger beer for dark and stormys. Also had several of a tequila drink called a Paloma. A few house drinks involving rum and beer. Mimosas every morning with breakfast and who knows how many beers interspersed throughout the day. Ice was sourced and all water was bottled.
I'm gonna need a new liver.
Thought you might like Painkillers! Sounds like you had a good time!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT