ADVERTISEMENT

Thank the Lord that UNC basketball

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
did not make this list

We have a probem, but it aint KU or Dook bad.

I don't think ND fotball belongs on the list. The Irish fans support baskettball fairly well, and they have developed a large and passionate lacrosse fan base.

Alabama and Auburn football belong, as neither cares a quarter of a flip about basketball - save to beat the other. Both also have smaller - by SEC standards - baseball fan bases.

Neither Ole Miss nor LSU have much basketball support, but both average close to 10,000 per baseball game.

Indiana basketball belongs. Syracuse and Pitt hoops also could go on the list.

SC football probably belongs on such a list, because SC basketball crowds often seem non-existent.

Before I read the list, I thought to myself UGA football definitely belongs on this list and I was amused and impressed to see them at #5. They might as well not play any other sports, as far as their fans are concerned.

What's interesting -- but not surprising -- is all of the schools on the list possess the same two qualities: Ultra success in one sport, and lots and lots of non-alumni fans. Unfortunately, if this list had been a Top 10, Carolina probably would've been on it -- which is sad/pathetic because Carolina has a hyper-successful athletic department in all sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT