ADVERTISEMENT

The discussions/threads here have diminished a lot

I try really hard to not come off as if I am talking down to anyone, I try really hard to be respectful to everyone, I do get very frustrated when I am met in a dis-respectful way. Maybe at times what I reply to in a harsher manner was not intended to be as dis-respectful as I took it. I am very opiniated and I disagree with a lot of the opinions I see. When I do I try to not just share my opinion but to explain why I see it the way I do. That takes me a lot of words, more often than many want to read, I realize that but I want you to know where I am coming from and why I do that. Know this about me, I NEVER say a single thing here in word or tone that I am not 100% willing and most times prefer to say face to face. I will say, when I am involved with a serious conversation I do not have time for jokes.

I am not ever trying to be that guy that says something and demands everyone take it as fact simply because I said it, that drives me crazy when I see that. I am going to make my case for my opinion and I am going to make it as strong as I feel it, again as most folks do in a face to face discussion.

Know this no-shelby, it is not my intent to talk down to you, it is my intent to talk to you. Maybe I am one of those that you consider a problem, maybe I am not, IDK because I don't recall exchanging with you much. I have spent the majority of my life as a UNC fan, it is something I take serious, most fans take discussion of "their team" very serious. UNC is playing NC State today in football, there are a LOT of VERY serious people today. This is THE place for that serious discussion if it is not held face to face. There are other parts of this site that is great for the jokes and I get it, several have gone there and enjoy each others jokes, cool fine. And jokes here are fine as well at times and at others they actually can be a issue, a joke isn't something I want to hear when I am heated up ya know?

You are not the problem.

Reactions: DSouthr
Well we could discuss unc fb but….

kill me now steve carell GIF

Reactions: bluetoe
Humility is key. You're probably not familiar, but I too get ridiculed for my length. No, not that length, I mean the length of my posts. I get more than my share of tl;dr's. But that's OK, it's actually a source of pride for me that I'm able to exhaust the reading ability of the board illiterati in just a few paragraphs.

If this come across as condescending to anyone, I recommend not being so easily condescended to. That's my humble opinion.
LOL, oh geez, you mean you are the football side version of me? Well, this town ain't big enough for the 2 of us pilgrim! LOL

On a serious note, I exchanged a few times with you this football season, really enjoyed it, do hope to see you posting much more on this side of the things, imagine what you and I could do to those that hate reading thru long winded posts! LOL

LOL, oh geez, you mean you are the football side version of me? Well, this town ain't big enough for the 2 of us pilgrim! LOL

On a serious note, I exchanged a few times with you this football season, really enjoyed it, do hope to see you posting much more on this side of the things, imagine what you and I could do to those that hate reading thru long winded posts! LOL
lol, probably at some point we'd end up just reading each other's posts, because those would be the only posts left to read, because we would be the only posters left to post.

Thanks for the kind words, and the feeling is mutual. I'm not always agreeable, but I'm always sincere. Except sometimes I go semi tongue-in-cheek like the post you replied to. But I really like your posts, and I've never considered any of them to be longer than they needed to be..

Good to see some BBall discusssion going on again at Radar… please keep it up everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT