ADVERTISEMENT

The OPEN Championship

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
Well it would be ludicrous NOT to have Spieth as one of the favorites

He has my vote to be in the top 5 at least

Fowler???? just won the Scottish, love his links game..... BUT I don't see it happening

My picks...... Spieth ,Zach Johnson, Stenson, Mcdowell, Oosty

Cablanasian?? he will make the cut but not a contender.

I think this is anyone's tournament. There are bunch of guys I like to play well.

Spieth
Fowler
DJ
Rose
Casey
Kuchar
Sergio
Reed
Sneds

But for the purposes of picking 3, I'll go with:

Spieth - I mean, how can you not?
Fowler - just won and his game suits links play
DJ - he could never contend again after that meltdown at Chambers Bay but I'll bet on him one more time

Darkhorse:
Matsuyama

Winning score:

Just started a profile on Draft Kings. I plan on doing the Open pick'em. Hopefully I win $500 million and get into the top 1%. Then I'll buy Iran, Pluto and the rights to all Far Side comics.

For real though, I plan on becoming a millionaire. I'd settle for thousandaire though. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

I know how much y'all folks have been awaiting this post . .

I'll roll with these 3 this year :

Dustin Johnson

Ricky Fowler

Adam Scott

smileys-golf-663577.gif

Just started a profile on Draft Kings. I plan on doing the Open pick'em. Hopefully I win $500 million and get into the top 1%. Then I'll buy Iran, Pluto and the rights to all Far Side comics.

For real though, I plan on becoming a millionaire. I'd settle for thousandaire though. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

You know jlocucci's friend won the Draft King US open $1 mil?

You know jlocucci's friend won the Draft King US open $1 mil?

Yeah, it's part of the reason I pulled the trigger on doing it. I had thought about it and I love gambling on sports, so when I saw that, I was in. My wife is none too pleased. She made me give up gambling years ago. But I told her, it's clearly not gambling or else it wouldn't be legal. I don't think she bought it but I guess she just wasn't looking for a fight so she relented.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Yeah, it's part of the reason I pulled the trigger on doing it. I had thought about it and I love gambling on sports, so when I saw that, I was in. My wife is none too pleased. She made me give up gambling years ago. But I told her, it's clearly not gambling or else it wouldn't be legal. I don't think she bought it but I guess she just wasn't looking for a fight so she relented.

If I could like this post twice, I would.

I looked over the website and it seems it requires some concentration. Am I over thinking it?

Watson...... Tom, that is. Going to shock the world in his final Open.

Seriously, I'll say Sergio finally breaks through and wins a major. 6 under.

That's a good call. If he is ever gonna win one, the British is his best chance. And St. Andrews is one of the easiest on the rotation.

@TarHeelMark mentioning Tom Watson got me thinking about this being his last Open and how he used to dominate this tournament. He won 5 five of them and almost won a sixth in 1984 when Ballesteros beat him due to and errant shot he made on the road hole (17th) at St. Andrews. It also got me thinking about other golfers that I grew up watching play and one of those was Lee Trevino. He was a Mexican-American golfer that was always jovial and kept the galleries laughing at the comments he would make as he played. Some of the more serious golfers didn't like to play with him because they thought he was a distraction, and some of that could have been intentional. Nonetheless, he was a great player and won two US Opens, two British Opens and two PGA Championships. The only major that he didn't win was the Masters.

Anyway, this is a true story. When Trevino first started playing the PGA tour in 1965 he and his wife while living in Dallas, Texas, had to hold down expenses since he hadn't yet started making the big money. One thing Lee did was mow his own yard. Also, it was something he enjoyed doing. One day when he was mowing his front lawn, a lady driving by in a big, shiny Cadillac stopped in front of his house, lowered the window and asked, "Excuse me, do you speak English?"

Lee responded, "Yes Ma'am, I do."

The lady then asked, "What do you charge to do yard work?"

Lee said, "Well, the lady in this house lets me sleep with her."

The lady hurriedly put the car into gear and sped off.

DJ has the outright lead at -7. Then there's five guys at -6 including Goosen, former champ Lawrie, Zach Johnson and Day. Spieth, Oosthuizen and Schwartzel are in at -5. Other notables are Phil, Adam Scott, Casey and Sergio with rounds of -2, Bubba, Daly, Kuchar and Westwood at -1, Fowler, McDowell and Duval with even rounds and Stenson, Furyk and Sneds at +1.

Tiger with a +4 matching the score of 65 year old Tom Watson. Ouch. But still 7 shots better than Sir Nick Faldo.

three of my guys are right there Disappointed in the round from Stenson

Spieth is just a monster.... soft spoken, perfect kid but MAN does he have game

El Tigre???
What can you say but he is totally lost......

three of my guys are right there Disappointed in the round from Stenson

Spieth is just a monster.... soft spoken, perfect kid but MAN does he have game

El Tigre???
What can you say but he is totally lost......

Tiger is done. Reap what you sow. I love it.

Man 'o man, I love drinking coffee and watching golf first thing in the morning . .

Reactions: uncboy10
3 hr delay and what a downpour.... The rubber duck they had in a pool of water in the valley of Sin was hilarious

Zach right there and should be a very interesting day

Almost as good as drinking beer and playing golf first thing in the morning ;)

I hear ya, 10 . .

There have been so many times that I wish I could play that dayum game of golf. I'm terrible . .

After the afternoon rounds, I suspect we will have a very crowded leaderboard. Conditions are getting tougher. Willett at -9 probably holds up as the second round leader. I'd like to see Phil close strong and get to -5 or -6.

Tiger's going to have to go at least 4 under today to make the cut.

Howz about the amateur Paul Dunne sitting at -6 and tied for 9th place after posting 2 consecutive 69s.

Dustin Johnson played 2 holes in that fierce blowing wind and he ended up bogeying one of the 2 before play was suspended.

I think they should finish on Sunday but hey the R and A is VERY traditional and feels like they can do it on Monday

DJ at -10

Did I mention Paul Dunne is having himself a great tourney . . . ?

Did I mention Paul Dunne is having himself a great tourney . . . ?

No kidding- I wish for him this was the 4th round- I can't imagine how hard it would be for a 21 year old amateur sleeping on the lead at the Open (assuming he keeps it)

No kidding- I wish for him this was the 4th round- I can't imagine how hard it would be for a 21 year old amateur sleeping on the lead at the Open (assuming he keeps it)

He was the one that several folks mistook to be Jordan Spieth earlier this week, asking him for autographs. How cool would it be to have Jordan and Paul Dunne paired together for Monday's final round.
I think Dunne is as dialed in to this course as Spieth is . .

What a day of golf . .

I love Jordan Spieth. He conducts himself the right way and is a hell of a player. Get it done tomorrow JS.

I got Jason Day at 30 to 1 pre tournament ..$20 ...love my chances going into Monday.

Also have $20 on Adam Scott at 24 to 1 and $20 on Scwartzel at 72 to 1 (no chance it appears).

Reactions: gunslingerdick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT