ADVERTISEMENT

The OPEN Championship

Yeah, work is secondary today . . . I called in and told him I had a tooth that had begun to abscess.

Looks like the amateur is already Dunne... lol

Could get real interesting if the weather gets tough with the leaderboard this tight

moments like these are why i love when school is out for the summer...i have no choice but to stay home and watch golf.

love al swearengen doing the lead-in on tv...he's got the best voice for this...just no "c***sucker!!", please.

loved seeing phil hit his tee ball on the hotel room patio.

Spieth just got robbed on that flop shot. That was freakin' beautiful

How epic would it be to see Ooust, Spieth and Day all birdie the 18th to force a 5 way playoff at -15

Last edited:
Reactions: grillheel
If Spieth can up and down here my money would be on him birdying 18 for the win

edit: damn.

So if there were a five way playoff would they play as a fivesome? lol

Seems like it would be unfair to have two groups playing back to back

Pulling for Zach, but all three are classy guys and wouldn't be unhappy about any of them winning.

i feel for jason day...i'm starting to really like that kid...but for heavens sake, you cannot leave that putt short.

We have a 3 man playoff . . ! Fun to watch . .
i feel for jason day...i'm starting to really like that kid...but for heavens sake, you cannot leave that putt short.

No you can't . . . putt it all the way across the green if you must.

Congrats to Zach Johnson . . !

Super lame finish to an epic tournament. Zach Johnson has one of the ugliest swings in golf and is a pretty lackluster champ. But give the guy credit for grinding it out.

I too am hoping Day can finally get over the hump soon.

zach johnson or calvin hilderbrand, couldn't care less about him as a golfer...imo, a lame ass finish to a great final round.

when spieth and day finished, i began work on some home improvements.

w ell 2 of my picks made the playoff. Any of those guys winning and I would have been happy. Zach is a warrior, just a bulldog and I am delighted he won .Very deserving champion

Reactions: GACMAN
I enjoyed this Open immensely. I liked everyone who was in it down the stretch and delighted in watching Sergio and Harrington throw up on themselves.

Reactions: grillheel
zach johnson or calvin hilderbrand, couldn't care less about him as a golfer...imo, a lame ass finish to a great final round.

when spieth and day finished, i began work on some home improvements.

Come on G. I expected more from you as a golfer. I was pulling for Spieth or Day but to make that slight to Johnson is wrong. He is a class guy and he beat the rest of them. I watched it till the end but hated it for Spieth and Day.

Reactions: GACMAN
Come on G. I expected more from you as a golfer. I was pulling for Spieth or Day but to make that slight to Johnson is wrong. He is a class guy and he beat the rest of them. I watched it till the end but hated it for Spieth and Day.

he just does nothing for me as a player, never has...he great guy, but i don't pull for him...i don't pull for furyk, sneds, or cink either, but by all accounts they're good guys.

after a great 18 holes of coverage in that weather today, it was just a disappointing ending for me.

he just does nothing for me as a player, never has...he great guy, but i don't pull for him...i don't pull for furyk, sneds, or cink either, but by all accounts they're good guys.

after a great 18 holes of coverage in that weather today, it was just a disappointing ending for me.

I got ya. I think it was that way for everyone. I do agree with Spieth and Day. Both had their shot. That four putt on 8 really cost JS.

I still cant believe Spieth missed the par save on 17. I thought for sure he'd drain that for a shot to birdie 18 for the win.

As far as Day leaving the putt short, that putt had a decent amount of break on it, if he puts too much on it he doesn't catch the break and misses anyways. Would've been epic if he and JS had both knocked down birdies on 18 though....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT