ADVERTISEMENT

The TOS community sucks

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
Period. End of. There's so much GD negativity over there it makes my head spin. I maybe read a couple threads over there once every two weeks, and that's all I can stand. They are so flipping negative about everything; and if they aren't being negative, they're being nose-in-the-air-holier-than-thou about some BS that makes UNC and UNC Football look bad.

I know this isn't news to any of you, but I just needed to vent. Here's the particular thread that set me off (start with ChancellorHouse's first post about halfway down): SMH

That is indeed a stupid post. The kid was recruited by Franklin's staff. He started several games as a true freshman on the best Vandy team in 60 years or more. He dealt with nagging injuries. So with the new staff failing miserably, he chose to sit out the rest of his Sop season and then transfer. Nothing ion that story says anything negative about his potential.

And almost going to Cincy? Tuberville makes a big play to land you and you are interested in playing for Tuberville, and that is a bad sign?

Like I said on the 20116 recruiting thread, he can start for us from his first game.

Tons of trolls over there...I can't tell who the UNC fans even are...Crackpride is strong in that place....

There are many wuffie trolls on TOS' forums, including their premium board. This site has very, very few with the exception of a couple on premium. But yes, some of the UNC posters are simply horrible.

There are many wuffie trolls on TOS' forums, including their premium board. This site has very, very few with the exception of a couple on premium. But yes, some of the UNC posters are simply horrible.

There are Wuf trolls there - they think that if they have Premium on IC, they will get to read all the secret plotting UNC does with the state and federal governments to keep them down.

IC also has a couple of long time posters who are in the vein of BobLee says. My guess is that one of them is BobLee.

And that doesn't even take in the many posters who almost never look at the Tar Pit and check the basketball board only half passionately, because they are planted on the Zigga Zoomba Lounge. At least half of the ZZL regulars are insufferable much of the time - it's the 'we're too cool to care/smart ass' attitude.

about a year ago i left TOS because the posters were jerks and i wasn't enjoying it. i've found much better discussion over here without the personal attacks and name calling.

Reactions: Raising Heel
This board, the Dugout and OOTB are good for discussing Carolina and other topics (OOTB) but Radar not so much.

I have looked at the football and basketball boards about 5 times on TOS and they give me a headache.

Reactions: Raising Heel
The last two posts are spot on. The only bad thing about the THI free boards is the lack of posters. We could use maybe half again as many, assuming it wouldn't change the tone of the board.

By the way, that's a roundabout way of saying I really like you guys. LOL

Reactions: UNC71-00
And that doesn't even take in the many posters who almost never look at the Tar Pit and check the basketball board only half passionately, because they are planted on the Zigga Zoomba Lounge. At least half of the ZZL regulars are insufferable much of the time - it's the 'we're too cool to care/smart ass' attitude.

That is the 100% dang truth. I read a lot over there as well and the ZZL ticks me off more than I can explain. If you say ONE thing against Obama, you are a racist, bigot, redneck who doesnt deserve to breathe.

Reactions: HeelFan58
about a year ago i left TOS because the posters were jerks and i wasn't enjoying it. i've found much better discussion over here without the personal attacks and name calling.

So many posters over there cry and whine to the mods about their feelings being hurt or being offended. Then the mods edit any posts that do not fit the agenda. The posters who complain the most are the ones that are the most obnoxious.

That is the 100% dang truth. I read a lot over there as well and the ZZL ticks me off more than I can explain. If you say ONE thing against Obama, you are a racist, bigot, redneck who doesnt deserve to breathe.

So basically that board does a great job of representing UNC faculty, administration and most current students and alums who are still living in Mom's basement.

However the ZZL does have some older, more moderate and conservative posters. They just usually avoid the political commentary because they don't feel like debating with immature children.

Agreed with everything that's been said on here, especially the part about the ZZL and the positives of Blitz and OOTB. I also agree that Radar is the most IC-esque board on THI....but that's sorta expected since basketball drives way more traffic and involves more bandwagon or bball-only fans.

I agree, RH, that it would be good to get like 10-15 more regular Blitz posters. I haven't posted on Blitz as much lately because so much good stuff has been put on Premium lately.

The best thing about IC is the name Tar Pit. It is impossible to top that for a UNC football board name.

Blitz is lame in comparison, but at least it is about football. Radar just rots. Four Corners is excellent for basketball. Blue Heaven is not football specific.

How about a name change to something with Kenan in it? That marks UNC football unmistakably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT