ADVERTISEMENT

There is a big time Defensive Coordinator out there

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
would prefer someone younger and willing to work his arse off recruiting / developing and making a name for himself

ideally but a pipe dream would be DJ Durkin and bring Lawing back with him for recruiting - would be ok with keeping West and Gilmore for continuity and if they clash with Durkin then transition them out next year if needed

you could bring in a cardboard stand up flicker and spin it around to come up with schemes and defenses per team and it would finish in the top 75 in the country in defense, this was a joke, the staff is a disaster, move on Heels...

Originally posted by keysersosay#1:

yeah I know his team just gave up a lot of points last night.

It WAS Alabama ,the #1 team in America that did it .This guy also coached at So Miss like the Hat.

Just a thought will WE actually make some needed changes and bring in a top flight defensive coach that can lead our D???

Not holding my breath
Last night's Iron Bowl was weird. Both teams defensive secondaries looked worse than they have in years. Open WRs everywhere. I was joking to the better half that Disch mist be moonlighting for Awbarn while Koenning was moonlighting for Bama.

Johnson knows the ACC and the Carolinas as well as he knows the SEC. I'd take over Koenning/Disch.

Originally posted by dlew71:
would prefer someone younger and willing to work his arse off recruiting / developing and making a name for himself

ideally but a pipe dream would be DJ Durkin and bring Lawing back with him for recruiting - would be ok with keeping West and Gilmore for continuity and if they clash with Durkin then transition them out next year if needed
That's been my preference since I became all but certain Mushamp would be fired.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
Originally posted by dlew71:

That's been my preference since I became all but certain Mushamp would be fired.
when i take my son to see Santa Claus this weekend i will see if i can sneak in a request for DJ - not sure if i am on the nice list this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT