ADVERTISEMENT

Thornton commits to Duke for 2015-16

Carolina may surge back. But it's not looking like it will happen until K retires.
There's no "may" about it, I'm as big a Duke fan as there is but things have always proved to be cyclical in this rivalry and I see nothing that makes me believe Carolina won't be top dog in this rivalry again at some point. It may well take K retiring for it to happen but it will happen.

Carolina may surge back. But it's not looking like it will happen until K retires.

I don't know about that. I mean, a couple of years ago we were an injury away from possibly winning a title while I would assume Duke flamed out in the first round. K is definitely doing well on the recruiting trail but UNC's issues have more to do with the NCAA stuff than K right now. 2016 is pretty important, much more important than Ingram. I don't know why so many people think if a lifelong Duke fan commits to Duke it is a scathing indictment on our program.

but UNC's issues have more to do with the NCAA stuff than K right now
UNC's recruiting started leveling off well before the NCAA stuff. Sleazapari is much more of an issue for UNC recruiting than K or Duke. Kentucky has gotten a lot of recruits in recent years that would've ended up at Carolina 10-15 years ago.

UNC's recruiting started leveling off well before the NCAA stuff. Sleazapari is much more of an issue for UNC recruiting than K or Duke. Kentucky has gotten a lot of recruits in recent years that would've ended up at Carolina 10-15 years ago.

Cal has hurt but UNC's recruiting was still really good. We have most definitely lost a few recruits because of the NCAA stuff. Without that, and even despite Cal, we would be doing just fine. Heck, we will probably be the number one team in the country next year anyway so it isn't like we suck.

Boy!!.dook winning the championship quickly made everyone forget about them losing in the first round 3 out of the last 4 years before that!!..but k is on a roll though!!..yeah right!!

Over that five year stretch, K is 17-4 in the NCAA Tournament with two National Championships. I would take that five years, two first-round upsets included, 1000 times out of 1000, as would virtually any reasonable college bball fan.

Reactions: mbdfan and EmJay14
My number 1 fan!

And you're my #2 fan.

337505-doo-doo-head-mask.jpg

Reactions: Bur-Heel and BillyL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT