ADVERTISEMENT

Tornadoes are not fun...

strummingram

Hall of Famer
Oct 1, 2010
My entire neighborhood looks like a bomb fell on it. Scared me to death last night. You forget about the Covid really fast when Mother Nature is dropping in for a visit.

I'm very fortunate. Eerily fortunate, actually. My neighbors were wiped out.

It's loud, and fast, and it's totally beyond your control. I hope I never experience it again. I don't recognize where I live for a half mile radius or more.

2020 has been unforgettable so far.

Ah crap. Glad you made it through unscathed. Where you located? Clemson area?

We had tornado warnings around 5am in Greensboro, and went to the safe zone in our house but fortunately nothing here other than a few branches in the yard.

Seneca... it touched down about 100-200 yards from my house... I think. It's hard to tell how close. It's like a war zone.

Seneca... it touched down about 100-200 yards from my house... I think. It's hard to tell how close. It's like a war zone.

Was it near Hartwell?

Happy to hear your safe. We got severe winds all the way up in Asheville so it must have been pretty nasty down there

My entire neighborhood looks like a bomb fell on it. Scared me to death last night. You forget about the Covid really fast when Mother Nature is dropping in for a visit.

It's loud, and fast, and it's totally beyond your control. I hope I never experience it again. I don't recognize where I live for a half mile radius or more.

Hear you guys had it rough over there. It wiped out that Borg Warner plant and killed the guard at the plant. Greenville escaped for the most part.

Reactions: strummingram
Hear you guys had it rough over there. It wiped out that Borg Warner plant and killed the guard at the plant. Greenville escaped for the most part.
He's the only death that I know of. Spent all afternoon moving branches. We won't have power for a few days. The whole landscape is different. And... helicopters all over.

It's just a big mess.

53eb832d1e0b77cd56c07b107b19e7b8.jpg

Was it near Hartwell?

Happy to hear your safe. We got severe winds all the way up in Asheville so it must have been pretty nasty down there
Yeah, Hartwell lake is nearby. Lake Keowee, too.

It tore the place up. I've never been through a tornado. Scratch that off my bucket list. One is enough.

Been there, Strum. Watched the dirt from the field next door being pulled up into the sky and couldn't understand what I was looking at until that monster hit. It didn't take long to figure out. Like you said, it looked like a bomb went off. Same time of year, about 8 years ago. Tore Ft. Bragg, Dunn, Benson area up.

Glad you're OK, man.

sorry you and your hood experienced that...it’s truly terrifying and i wish it on nobody.

Reactions: strummingram
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT