Green Bean Casserole
Escalloped Corn
Deviled Eggs
Cucumber Vinegar Salad
7 Layer Salad
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Pie

boring, dry turkey - my mom is cooking it this yr.
dressstuffing with sausage
sweet tater casserole
a few cranberry sauce & relishes
mashed taters
squash casserole
limas
apple pie
pumpkin pie

the long-time provider of my Thanksgiving meal having passed, I'm going to my sister's for Thanksgiving; and I don't really know what she'll be having except that almost her whole crowd has gone craz,,er I mean vegan. I wanted to smoke a turkey, but she said rather not. So with y'alls indulgence, I'm just going to treat your offerings as menu items and put together my own meal from that. I've taken items from all. Thanks my friends for letting me dream of better days and expanding waistlines.

Smoking a turkey
Oyster stuffing er dressing
Giblet gravy
Field peas and snaps
Collards

Green bean casserole
Sweet potato casserole

Deviled eggs
Cranberry sauce

Mashed Rutabaga
Cucumber Vinegar Salad (haven't had this but it has to be good)

squash casserole
apple pie

and my very own addition;
white trash salad.
Laugh all you want, I could eat my weight in the stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving

ETA to my list...a ridiculous spread of desserts.

Last edited:
Turkey
Ham
Sausage & rice casserole (my absolute favorite)
Macaroni and tomato casserole
Sweet potato casserole
Potato salad
Green beans
Deviled eggs
Squash casserole
Sister Schubert rolls
Pound cake

the long-time provider of my Thanksgiving meal having passed, I'm going to my sister's for Thanksgiving; and I don't really know what she'll be having except that almost her whole crowd has gone craz,,er I mean vegan. I wanted to smoke a turkey, but she said rather not. So with y'alls indulgence, I'm just going to treat your offerings as menu items and put together my own meal from that. I've taken items from all. Thanks my friends for letting me dream of better days and expanding waistlines.

Smoking a turkey
Oyster stuffing er dressing
Giblet gravy
Field peas and snaps
Collards

Green bean casserole
Sweet potato casserole

Deviled eggs
Cranberry sauce

Mashed Rutabaga
Cucumber Vinegar Salad (haven't had this but it has to be good)

squash casserole
apple pie

and my very own addition;
white trash salad.
Laugh all you want, I could eat my weight in the stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving

White trash salad? Tell me more

White trash salad? Tell me more
I used to call it marshmallow salad, but as far as I can tell it's more properly called ambrosia salad. It's 'white trash' according to the interwebs I think because it's served with the meal instead of as a dessert, and because I guess it's a white trash kind of thing ....an association I don't bother trying to distance myself from.

The basic white trash version is a can of fruit cocktail and mandarin orange slices and maraschino cherry halves mixed in with I think sour cream or something similar. You can actually do a search for white trash salad and find a recipe.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I used to call it marshmallow salad, but as far as I can tell it's more properly called ambrosia salad. It's 'white trash' according to the interwebs I think because it's served with the meal instead of as a dessert, and because I guess it's a white trash kind of thing ....an association I don't bother trying to distance myself from.

The basic white trash version is a can of fruit cocktail and mandarin orange slices and maraschino cherry halves mixed in with I think sour cream or something similar. You can actually do a search for white trash salad and find a recipe.
I had to Google whether or not marshmallow's were vegan. I figured they were (Oreos are vegan) - but they aren't, they contain gelatin!

Please do report back on oddities from a vegan host's 🦃 day.

Reactions: bluetoe
I had to Google whether or not marshmallow's were vegan. I figured they were (Oreos are vegan) - but they aren't, they contain gelatin!

Please do report back on oddities from a vegan host's 🦃 day.
the entire event will be an oddity to me; we're talking no-dairy-in-the-coffee kind of vegan. Nothing that has as much as been in the same room as an egg.. I think there might even be a whole 'nother name for how hard core they are.

the entire event will be an oddity to me; we're talking no-dairy-in-the-coffee kind of vegan. Nothing that has as much as been in the same room as an egg.. I think there might even be a whole 'nother name for how hard core they are.
Yeah it's called miserable.
@gteeitup could shed some light on this. I think they eat grass at holidays at times

@gteeitup could shed some light on this. I think they eat grass at holidays at times
LOL, that describes me except for the saving grace of being around family. Nothing trumps that. But I have had a solid continuum of sumptuous Thanksgiving turkey dinners, with all the items I listed and a few I didn't, prepared mostly Southern style but a good number Northern style....going all the way back to when my time began. A number of these were with either my mom's or my dad's entire family, and those are treasured memories. Things change though, and you have no choice but to go along. Well, there's always another choice but I don't think I'll go there over having to eat some grass and a few leaves.

No tofu though, you have to draw the line somewhere.

Ham
Turkey
Dressing
Mashed potatoes
Mac and cheese
Broccoli casserole
Deviled eggs
Carrot soufflé

Plus a ridiculous spread of desserts.

Planes, trains and automobiles should be on every menu. "those aren't pillows!"

Any other good tday movies?

phil-and.gif

it’s the thanksgiving and the college freshman is home, so i cooked and ate some turkey to celebrate…with a side of crab legs.

eta: also ate many deviled eggs…my own recipe so of course i had to check to see if they were good enough for others to eat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grayhead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT