JuleZ '02 HEEL

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2003
Here be dragons
As it should be.

Congrats to Harrison and James!

CHrIJGoWEAADX49.jpg:large

Now how dumb does JMM look? :cool:

Eh, I'm really happy for the guy and I never thought he was dumb for leaving, but I completely disagree with your point. His getting a ring this year is purely timing and pretty good luck to me. Has nothing to do with the status of his individual development or his long term future in the league.

In any event, congrats to both, and to Steph Curry. Awesome story for him and for Davidson.

Eh, I'm really happy for the guy and I never thought he was dumb for leaving, but I completely disagree with your point. His getting a ring this year is purely timing and pretty good luck to me. Has nothing to do with the status of his individual development or his long term future in the league.

In any event, congrats to both, and to Steph Curry. Awesome story for him and for Davidson.

^ This. I'm in no way bitter JMM left early - he wasn't going to make a huge difference in last years team, and he wanted to get on with his life, so good for him.

However he was fortunate that the team that decided to let him ride their bench ended up winning the title. Ya, I'm sure he helped in practice, and knowing JMM I'm sure he was probably a decent locker room guy. But I don't think we can use the "ends justify the means" argument for this one and say since he won a ring in his first year that he made the right decision to leave, and that he's going to have a foothold in the league for years to come - thats a bit of a stretch.

I'll echo the congrats to him though, as well as Barnes and Curry and the rest of the GSW squad. They were an easy group to get behind and root for this postseason, and it was nice to see them slay the dragon and drop King James to a not so king-like 2-4 all time in Finals series

Reactions: saltee123
Sorry some of you missed the point after the beating he took here.

JMM got two rings this season, the Dleague and NBA titles both. Him and another guy from the Warriors are the first two to ever get two in the same season =)

Congrats to Barnes, I called Barnes "trade bait" (player with potential, but stuck on a team with guys that have already blossomed) to many friends for two years. I still think Barnes is a tradeable piece of the GSW, but he should cash in being a starter on a championship team.

^ This. I'm in no way bitter JMM left early - he wasn't going to make a huge difference in last years team, and he wanted to get on with his life, so good for him.

However he was fortunate that the team that decided to let him ride their bench ended up winning the title. Ya, I'm sure he helped in practice, and knowing JMM I'm sure he was probably a decent locker room guy. But I don't think we can use the "ends justify the means" argument for this one and say since he won a ring in his first year that he made the right decision to leave, and that he's going to have a foothold in the league for years to come - thats a bit of a stretch.

I'll echo the congrats to him though, as well as Barnes and Curry and the rest of the GSW squad. They were an easy group to get behind and root for this postseason, and it was nice to see them slay the dragon and drop King James to a not so king-like 2-4 all time in Finals series

He did have some good fortune but a 1st year D-League guy getting the call up and sticking on arguably the deepest team this season that won more games than any other team is a sign of development and work ethic. He was the best player for their D-League affiliate and made the most of the call up. He should be commended and now he needs to keep working to make the next step to becoming a solid rotation player.

He should be commended and now he needs to keep working to make the next step to becoming a solid rotation player.

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out in Oakland over the next 3-4 years. There's absolutely NO WAY they can keep Curry, Thompson, Green, & Barnes. Salary cap just won't allow it, even with the huge bump to the salary cap coming in 2 years. Can McAdoo develop into a Green-esque talent to let him slide into that roll down the road or will he fizzle out? Only time will tell, but I don't see JMM not putting in the work necessary to make it happen.

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out in Oakland over the next 3-4 years. There's absolutely NO WAY they can keep Curry, Thompson, Green, & Barnes. Salary cap just won't allow it, even with the huge bump to the salary cap coming in 2 years. Can McAdoo develop into a Green-esque talent to let him slide into that roll down the road or will he fizzle out? Only time will tell, but I don't see JMM not putting in the work necessary to make it happen.

Disagree. Do you realize how much theyre currently paying guys like David Lee and Bogut, who wont even be on the team in 2 years? They will easily be able to afford those 4. Barnes and Green are getting no where close to max deals.

Disagree. Do you realize how much theyre currently paying guys like David Lee and Bogut, who wont even be on the team in 2 years? They will easily be able to afford those 4. Barnes and Green are getting no where close to max deals.
News came out last night that it looks like Lee will be elsewhere next year per Lee's agents request. Bogut make $12-14 mill a year. They need to get that salary gone.

Barnes and Green might not get max from GSW, but will get some high bids from other teams.

If a team like the Charlotte Hornets would give Lance Stephens 9 million a year, don't you think they would throw 13-15 million a year Barnes way?

Green may get a lot of praise for his team leadership, but Barnes is the better player who sacrifices his game and rightfully so because of Curry and Thompson. Barnes ceiling is still very high and will draw some high offers when the time comes.

You are right that they're going to dump Lee and Bogut's salaries over the next couple of seasons, but even then you know Curry and Klay Thompson are going to command max deals. If Draymond Green gets anywhere close to max money, it's going to tax Golden State to be able to field a competitive team while keeping all of their current pieces.

You are right that they're going to dump Lee and Bogut's salaries over the next couple of seasons, but even then you know Curry and Klay Thompson are going to command max deals. If Draymond Green gets anywhere close to max money, it's going to tax Golden State to be able to field a competitive team while keeping all of their current pieces.
Thompson just started a max deal and Curry is under contract at 4yr 44 mill right now with 2 years to go. They got that deal because of the concern with Curry's ankle issues. Bogut and Lee are about 28 mill a year off the books when they go. Lee is one year removed from being a close to 20 and 10 guy. He still has value.

ADVERTISEMENT