ADVERTISEMENT

Uk has missed out on all of its top recruits 0 for april

3skinny

Sophomore
May 6, 2005
recruting goes in cycle and Unc got one of the best shooters in the 2015 class! Damn the state on Kentucky will be on suicide watch after Unc cuts the nets down in 2016! Duke in 2015 and Unc will fellow it up 2016! They have done that before 92 93 2009 2010

I have to admit I didn't expect UK to whiff on so many recruits, they all seemed poised to fill the vacancies left in the wake of another best moment in UK's history. Did the platoon platform derail Cal's pipeline to the NBA recruiting? If not, what did?

Last edited:
I think Cal showed he couldn't coach last year. He had more talent then every other team twice over and lost because of lackadaisical coaching. He straight up admitted he never even had a thought his team could lose... as they lost.

That's terrible coaching.

I think recruits are starting to see top recruiter, but bad developer/coach. A lot of recruits nose dived in predicted draft rank these past 2 years and didn't even have a championship to show for it.

Reactions: dbav
having all that talent, all those OAD's, everyone "sacrificing" for the good of the team, and NOT winning the natty....may have just hurt UK more than we realize. may be a tougher salespitch for cal.

All those clowns who say Roy can't win it all without an all star team better look no father than Calishady before making such stupid comments.If UK struggles next season ole Cal may have second thoughts about going to the NBA.

Reactions: 3skinny
UK may very well be a better team next year with a few less headaches that left and more rhythm for the talent they have. Hopefully the mega team era is over.

All that talk about greatest team ever was the biggest joke. I can name twenty teams better than that team the 2009 Unc team would have ran them off the floor. If ken$ucky would have been in the acc they would have aleast five games in conference.

Honestly, I am shocked that neither Newman or Brown have comitted to Ky. If they end up whiffing on those 2, yeah, I could see kalipari taking another look at the NBA. I wonder if kalipari to the NBA is a ploy being used against him at this point that has some of these kids thinking twice before comitting to him?

Other than Newman & Brown, I am not sure there is another real difference maker they could bring in that has not already comitted elsewhere. But Kal is sure not shy about trying to poach some other coaches comitted players.

Honestly, I am shocked that neither Newman or Brown have comitted to Ky. If they end up whiffing on those 2, yeah, I could see kalipari taking another look at the NBA. I wonder if kalipari to the NBA is a ploy being used against him at this point that has some of these kids thinking twice before comitting to him?

Other than Newman & Brown, I am not sure there is another real difference maker they could bring in that has not already comitted elsewhere. But Kal is sure not shy about trying to poach some other coaches comitted players.

I thought Newman commited to Mississippi State and Brown to California?

They'll be back. I'd say the man can coach his tail off. He's carried 3 different teams to the off and won 2 nattys. He's not the best ingame coach, but the numbers don't lie.

They'll be back. I'd say the man can coach his tail off. He's carried 3 different teams to the off and won 2 nattys. He's not the best ingame coach, but the numbers don't lie.

He has 1 title not 2...Coach his tail off? Please!

Type o. Yea. 1 natty. Yall might not like him but if he couldn't coach his teams wouldn't win.

ESPN still has UK #1 and UNC #2. That's just hysterical. Comparing our current rosters and saying UK is better than UNC is just insanity. We should be the #1 team in the country entering the season and I don't know if it's really even close.

UK Returning:
Poythress
Ulis
Lee

They've got Briscoe, Skal, and Matthews as his top recruits.

Watch the last 5 minutes of the FF game against Wisky - Cal's coaching was horrendous and exposed his true abilities as a leader on-the-court.

I saw a recruit down to UK and the Univ of New Mexico.....now I love UNM, but when a recruit is down to those 2 schools then UK is in trouble!!!!!

Could this be like the ken$ucky team a couple of years ago that lost to Robert Morris in the first round of the nit!

Type o. Yea. 1 natty. Yall might not like him but if he couldn't coach his teams wouldn't win.

True,but you're getting carried away with the "coaching his tail off" comment.
This years UK team could've been coached by a HS coach with that much talent.He shit and fail back in it with this team period.

Reactions: jimvanhecke
So what would you say about all the teams we've had with all that talent that didn't win it?

So what would you say about all the teams we've had with all that talent that didn't win it?

2012 was the only year since Cal has been at UK (prior to this upcoming season) where we've been able to say our talent level is even close to what they had talent wise in Lexington, I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison

I was referring to all time not just the past few years. I guess my point is, if Cal and UK "shit the bed" this past year losing only one game, by that logic, how many times did Dean "shit the bed"? Do you understand what I'm getting at here.?

I was referring to all time not just the past few years. I guess my point is, if Cal and UK "shit the bed" this past year losing only one game, by that logic, how many times did Dean "shit the bed"? Do you understand what I'm getting at here.?

He had the same kind of talent at Memphis,how many titles did he win???? And Yes I agree,under Dean we should've had more titles,but I hope like hell you're not even hinting of Cal being in Deans league when it comes to coaching.

What's this got to do with coaching? I'm disputing your claim that Cal is a great coach,now when it comes BSing recruits,he's the best out there.

No way do I put Call in Deans league. But I'll give credit where credit is due. He turned two doormats into powers and his record at UK is pretty impressive. He may be one of those people who you either like or dislike without alto of middle ground. Right now I think he could have UK in the same spot. Hopefully next years class won't go there either.

No way do I put Call in Deans league. But I'll give credit where credit is due. He turned two doormats into powers and his record at UK is pretty impressive. He may be one of those people who you either like or dislike without alto of middle ground. Right now I think he could have UK in the same spot. Hopefully next years class won't go there either.

You do realize that these doormats you $peak of had to forfeit the FF cal took them too, right?? And give it time but my guess is that something will come of out Kentucky before it is over with and those FF and 1 title will be all but forgotten. I see this being a Fad and will fade away along with Calishady!

The NCAA also found that he did nothing, or knew of any wrong doing. He didn't know Camby hired an agent and the NCAA ruled Wall eligible then to reverse that decision after the season was over. UK's too big of a name to have to risk violations. Blue bloods will get the recruits. I am surprised they missed on a few this year with the way their roster opened up though.

ADVERTISEMENT