ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-BC Game 2(UNC wins 6-1!!!!)

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
UNC leads 4-0, bottom of the 6th. Lassiter on 2nd, 2 outs. JB is throwing smoke for the Heels today.

Last edited:
UNC leads 4-0, bottom of the 7th. BC strands 2 runners.

Last edited:
Thanks DF---only source I have found for reports on the game. Please keep the updates coming.

tcb, no problem. UNC leads 5-0, top of the 8th

UNC error leads to a BC run, but UNC leads 5-1, bottom of the 8th. The game should be called for rain.

Glad I checked. I had a ticket for today and was going to leave in an hour to get there for the 6 o'clock game. Wish I heard they moved it up. But better than driving 2 hours and finding out

BY UNC ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS

CHAPEL HILL --- J.B. Bukauskas worked seven scoreless innings as No. 18 North Carolina beat visiting Boston College 6-1 Saturday at a rainy Boshamer Stadium. Landon Lassiter had two doubles and all nine starters reached base for the Tar Heels, who will go for their first conference sweep of the year Sunday at noon.

Carolina (28-15, 12-10 ACC) left five runners on in the first three innings before breaking through in the fourth. Logan Warmoth singled and moved to second on a groundout before Zack Gahagan's RBI hit to center put the Tar Heels in front.

UNC padded the lead on run-scoring singles by Joe Dudek and Skye Bolt before Lassiter's second double of the day made it 4-0 in the sixth. The Tar Heels added runs in the seventh and eighth, and Trevor Kelley worked the final two innings in relief of Bukauskas, who improved to 4-1 on the year.

Six different Tar Heels drove in runs on the day, and Carolina batters struck out just five times compared to 12 for Boston College (22-20, 9-13 ACC).

BC's lone run of the game came in the eighth when Jake Palomaki scored on a throwing error. Kelley's two innings of work pushed his season total to 58.0 in a nation-leading 31 appearances. The senior sidearmer struck out four and now has 47 punchouts against just 15 walks on the year.

Bukauskas won for the first time since March 14 at Pittsburgh, but the talented freshman has been consistently effective in ACC play. He lowered his conference ERA to 3.19 and league opponents are hitting just .198 against him in 48.0 innings. Bukauskas has pitched into the seventh in four of his last five starts, and he's lasted at least five in nine of 11 outings.

Carolina will send Benton Moss to the hill in Sunday's finale searching for its first ACC sweep since last year against Virginia Tech. The game is still set for a 12:02 p.m. first pitch and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT