ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-Elon (UNC WINS 14-2)

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
UNC leads 2-0, bottom of the 3rd. Kelley in relief, gets a KO for the 3rd out, with the bases full of Elon runners.

Again tonight, I can barely hear the UNC announcers on GOHEELS.TV.

I have sent multiple e-mails to address this audio problem.

UNC leads 10-0 on a 2 run HR by Skye Bolt:)

Top of the 5th.

UNC leads 10-0, bottom of the 5th.

Taking break..

UNC leads 13-1,signing off to rest my back, getting old:). Top of the 7th
GO TAR HEELS!

I have sent multiple e-mails to address this audio problem.
They're aware of it. At least the Twitter account is, since they've apologized and said they're working on it. Second straight night with no audio though. After seeing Clemson's product on the same platform (NeuLion), I have to say I'm disappointed in the UNC product. Clemson had an ESPN-style graphic on screen showing score, outs, inning, and runners on base. UNC needs to get themselves up to speed.

Anyway, that was a nice offensive outburst in the 3rd (?) inning to blow things open. I've had the game piped into my TV via an HDMI cable and have been watching while I worked around the house. Kelley once again came in during a tight spot and saved us from damage.

BY UNC ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS

CHAPEL HILL --- No. 20 North Carolina scored a season-high 14 runs and cruised to a 14-2 win over visiting Elon Wednesday night at Boshamer Stadium. Skye Bolt blasted his sixth home run in a six-run fourth and Trevor Kelley picked up his fifth win for the Tar Heels, who have won eight of nine heading into a key ACC series at Notre Dame.

Carolina (31-16) scored single runs in the first and second on RBIs from Korey Dunbar and Elijah Sutherland before breaking it open in the third. Elon starter Jake Stalzer (2-6) lasted just two innings, but things got worse for the Phoenix from there.

Mike Krill allowed all six runs in the third thanks to four walks and a hit by pitch, and Zack Gahagan's two-run double off Casey Jones put the Tar Heels up 8-0. Bolt's one-out homer in the fourth made it a 10-0 game, and the Carolina bullpen held Elon (23-24) to just a pair of unearned runs over the final five innings.

UNC added three more runs in the sixth, with Joe Dudek's second double of the night plating a pair to make it 13-1. Brooks Kennedy's first career triple accounted for Carolina's final run of the night in the seventh.

In all, eight Tar Heels recorded hits and nine scored at least one run, led by Bolt's three.

Carolina heads back out on the road for a three-game series at Notre Dame starting Friday at 7 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT