ADVERTISEMENT

UNC is hitting the phones to sell Football tix

mtpeke

All-American
Feb 7, 2007
I spoke to the Rams club 2 yrs ago and organized about 40 folks (basketball payers from our local middle school plus coaches etc) to come to a UNC basketball game. That same guy is now being asked to call everyone that did group tickets and try to sell some for UNC football. My guess is that they are having a hard time selling as many tickets. He also told me that they will be doing the family 4 pack again. I told him I would wait for that. The seats aren't any better if I pre-order them so I might as well go for the 4 tickets plus food and gear vouchers for $100.

Based on when I selected my season ticket seat location, sales actually looked up to me. I was one of the last selection days, and most seats in most sections were sold already. Now getting these ticket-holders to actually show up for the game is a different matter entirely.

There are probably two groups of UNC football ticket buyers.

One is Rams Club members, who had a good turnout this season, probably because seats were being assigned for the next three years. The other is casual UNC football fans, who are the difference between a good and a great environment in Kenan. Those are the folks who need the most prompting to attend.

It's interesting that average attendance has actually increased each year of Fedora's tenure. Imagine what would happen if we built some early season momentum and were in the hunt for the Coastal.

For someone who has to drive 4.5 hours (each way) I go to a lot of games. Usually 3 to 5. I will wait for the package deals and save some $$

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
For someone who has to drive 4.5 hours (each way) I go to a lot of games. Usually 3 to 5. I will wait for the package deals and save some $$
I drive 6.5 each way. But I don't have children, so there's that :p

And I do not blame you for waiting for the ticket packages to save money. It's a problem all colleges are having and it's not fair to those who choose to pay full-price and not wait. I don't know how you rectify that, but it's an issue.

And Raising Heel is right, Carolina needs to draw in more casual fans to home games. The die-hards will be there come what may, but any successful college football atmosphere (except for B1G schools since they have 30 billion new alumni each year) relies on a big contingent of "casual" (non-alum) fans who become hooked and become regulars at home games. UGA is a big example. They do extremely well drawing in unaffiliated fans. This is why they sell out games and Tech doesn't. They dominate North and Central Georgia.

How does Carolina accomplish this? Winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtpeke
Yes, having a kid and all the kid activities do impact how much time I have to spend at games. I love that she enjoys coming with us but of course she has her own stuff we need to attend to. If they offered the family 4 pack earlier, I would have ordered it a long time ago. Of course, it is looking like my husband will be a High School FB coach this year (was coaching/teaching at a middle school) and if that happens we can get free tickets which would be awesome.

Wll they can't call me. My # has been change since I got them 3 years ago. I will but then on the streets where I have gotten good seat for less the it cost to rejoin the rams club then full cost of tickets. Even with the cost to ride the bus I come out way ahead. I gave up 4 tickets with good seats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT