ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-NC STATE baseball series for this weekend

Jarrod Hardy

Dec 22, 2014
North Carolina
UNC is hosting rival from raleigh "the team in the red". Tickets are still there for Friday night and Sunday afternoon games with a sold out Saturday Night game. This one is a big series for the Tarheels, you have to win as many home series as possible in the tough ACC. WIth the Diamond Heels coming off a midweek sweep of tough non conference opponents of Coastal Carolina and Liberty, i hope this is the start of something big with a easter sunday win over Clemson, Coach Fox has the team on a 3 game winning streak.

First off, "Tar Heels" is two words. Sorry, but it's a major pet peeve and I'm on a lifelong campaign to eradicate the incorrect spelling of our school mascot. Nothing personal.

Both teams are hovering around .500 in the conference. After dropping road series to Pittsburgh and Clemson, two so-so teams, the Heels have now painted themselves into a corner. This is a must-win series at home IMO. Otherwise, they're really jeopardizing their post-season aspirations. It's also a chance to improve their seed in the conference tournament since there's a major logjam behind UM, FSU, and Louisville.

I'll be at the Saturday and Sunday games. Hopefully there aren't any pig molesters sitting near me. Go Heels!

UNC release:

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- North Carolina continues its seven-game homestand Friday when the Tar Heels host longtime rival NC State in the first of a three-game series at Boshamer Stadium at 7:30 p.m. Carolina is 20-13 on the year after midweek wins over No. 18 Coastal Carolina and Liberty. The Wolfpack enters the weekend 19-12 after dropping a midweek contest at Elon on Tuesday. Both teams are coming off tough series losses - UNC dropped two of three at Clemson while NC State lost two of three at home to Florida State. Friday's game, which is sold out, will be broadcast on ESPNU. Saturday, which is also a sellout, and Sunday will be streamed live on ESPN3 and WatchESPN.com. Limited tickets are still available for Sunday's game, which is set for a 2 p.m. start.
AT A GLANCE
Records: North Carolina 20-13 (7-8 ACC), NC State 19-12 (7-7 ACC)
Rankings: North Carolina is ranked No. 22 by Perfect Game. NC State is unranked.
TV: ESPNU/ESPN3. Friday's game will be broadcast live on ESPNU. Saturday and Sunday games will be streamed live on ESPN3..
Audio: All three games will be streamed live on GoHeels.com and are scheduled to be carried by WCHL in the Chapel Hill area.
On The Web: @CoachFox30

GOHEELS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT