ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-ND Game two

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
Despite drawing 3 walks, UNC goes scoreless in the top of the 2nd. ND leads 2-0, bottom of the 2nd. UNC has drawn 4 walks, total.

JB has settled down. Top of the 3rd, ND leads 2-0.

UNC gets the lead batter on base(HBP) and then goes down quietly. Bottom of the 3rd,ND leads 2-0.

Lead off triple for ND. Infield ground out,RBI, ND leads 3-0.

Top of the 4th, ND leads 3-0. I am getting tired of typing ND leads.......

Lead off double, 3-1 count to Dudek. ND is changing pitchers. Dudek walks, passed ball. Miller to 3rd.

Raburn batting for UNC. GO TAR HEELS!!!

Raburn hits a SF to CF, ND leads 3-1. 2 outs. Dudek on 1st base.Ground out to end the Tar Heel threat.

ND leads 3-1, bottom of the 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: heelpharm
ND( 2 walks) has runners at 1st and 2nd, no outs. H. Butler is pitching for UNC. I don't know what the NCAA record is for walked batters in one game but this game may blow right by that record.

UNC gives up 3 walks, but ND leaves the bases loaded. ND leads 3-1, top of the 5th.

Hi, DF. Hope you're doing well. I've been out of pocket today but it sounds like I missed a heartbreaker in the first game. Won't be able to watch much of this one either.

How about those golden ND batting helmets? Those sure are...um...something. o_O

Hi, DF. Hope you're doing well. I've been out of pocket today but it sounds like I missed a heartbreaker in the first game. Won't be able to watch much of this one either.

How about those golden ND batting helmets? Those sure are...um...something. o_O

Hi RH.I won't last the full game either.Hope you are doing well.

UNC goes down in very quick order. Bottom of the 5th. ND leads 3-1. I hate those ND helmets as well.

ND has runners at 1st and 2nd. UNC pitchers cannot find the strike zone. Bases loaded after another 4 pitch walk.Another UNC pitching change.

Time out for me. Go Tar Heels!

UNC gets out of another bases-loaded pickle, then dodges another bullet in the bottom of the 6th by stranding runners on the corners.

Could be a lot worse. Need some run support here. Heels trail 3-1 T7.

RH, tough day for the Tar Heels. I hope you enjoy your evening!

BY UNC ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS

BOX SCORE

NOTRE DAME, Ind. --- Notre Dame completed a doubleheader sweep with a 3-1 victory over No. 20 North Carolina Saturday evening at Frank Eck Stadium. The Irish scored twice in the first against UNC starter J.B. Bukauskas and got six shutout innings of relief from Ryan Smoyer to secure the series win. Carolina fell to 31-18 and 13-12 in the ACC, while the hosts improved to 32-18 and 14-12 in league play. The Tar Heels will try to avoid a sweep in Sunday's series finale at 1 p.m.

Bukauskas (4-2) issued two of his five walks on the day in the first and both Cavan Biggio and Kyle Biala scored in the inning. Fiala tripled to lead off the third and scored on a Ryan Bull RBI groundout, and that was enough offense for Smoyer and Notre Dame starter Brandon Bielak.

Carolina scored its lone run of the day in the fourth. Brian Miller led off the inning with a double inside the bag at third and scored on Alex Raburn's sac fly liner to center. The Tar Heels would get just two hits the rest of the way against Smoyer, who was not overpowering but kept UNC off the bases in four of six innings.

Hansen Butler, Spencer Trayner and Zach Rice combined to keep the Irish off the scoreboard over the final five innings, allowing just three hits as a group.

UNC will send Benton Moss to the mound in Sunday series finale against Notre Dame's Nick McCarty. That game, which is set for a 1 p.m. start, will be broadcast live on ESPN3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT