Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
UNC leads 2-1, bottom of the 5th

This post was edited on 4/17 6:57 PM by DF1972

This post was edited on 4/17 8:28 PM by DF1972

GOHEELS!

Re: UNC-va.tech-Game 1

UNC leads 2-1, top of the 6th. Gallen is pitching for UNC.

Game tied 2-2, va. tech HR, followed by a single, no outs, bottom of the 6th.

va. tech leads 6-3, bottom of the 7th.

This post was edited on 4/17 7:41 PM by DF1972

UNC has a 22 game winning streak against the hokies.
Go Heels! Rally time!
This post was edited on 4/17 7:47 PM by DF1972

The hokies add 2 runs, lead 8-3, top of the 8th.

hokies lead 8-3, bottom of the 8th, UNC strands 2 more base runners.

UNC's 22 game win streak against the hokies may not reach 23.
This post was edited on 4/17 8:13 PM by DF1972

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Have to admit I'm pretty ticked. VT is not a good team and this weekend was an opportunity for a much-needed sweep. Ugh.
RH, I with you. The hokies win 8-3 and break a 22 game losing streak to the Tar Heels.

BY UNC ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS

BLACKSBURG, Va. --- Alex Perez and Brendon Hayden homered in a five-run sixth as Virginia Tech beat No. 18 North Carolina 8-3 Friday evening at English Field. Kit Scheetz limited UNC to three runs over seven strong innings as the Hokies beat the Tar Heels for the first time since 2007. Landon Lassiter had three hits and drove in a run for the Tar Heels, who will send J.B. Bukauskas to the mound Saturday afternoon.

Carolina (23-15, 9-10 ACC) scored single runs in the third and fourth and led 2-1 before the Hokie offense caught fire against Zac Gallen (2-3) in the sixth. The Tar Heel right-hander allowed four straight hits to start the inning, including homers to Perez and Hayden, before being replaced by Trevor Kelley.

The Tar Heels looked poised to break it open in the fourth against Scheetz after Logan Warmoth's RBI single put UNC back in front with one out. Warmoth and Korey Dunbar moved into scoring position on the throw, but Scheetz (2-1) retired Adam Pate and Skye Bolt to strand a pair.

Lassiter's third hit of the day - an RBI triple - pulled Carolina within three in the top of the seventh, but the Hokies (19-20, 8-11 ACC) added two more in the bottom half against a trio of Tar Heel relievers.

Perez, Hayden and Sam Fragale each drove in two for the Hokies, who will hand the ball to Jon Woodcock in game two Saturday at 2 p.m.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Have to admit I'm pretty ticked. VT is not a good team and this weekend was an opportunity for a much-needed sweep. Ugh.
I agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT