ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Georgia Tech game Saturday 28 Oct 2023

The way these GT fans are celebrating, you'd think UNC was a really good team or something. They must have been overdue for anything to throw a fit over.

This is really hard to understand (the defense) I mean we have some highly recruited guys but they can’t get it done so gotta think it’s coaching

The offense scored more than enough points. The defense, as always, just stinks-it-up. This was awful. Chizik is garbage.
The defense had been playing pretty good until the second half of the UVA game. Now it's regressed back to Carolina football. Not sure exactly what happened.

This program is garbage….Drake Maye is garbage…Fact is UNC is garbage all the way around…I am done with this BS….oh yea basketball is garbage 2….What a joke….
Well at least you have shown yourself as the troll you have been suspected of being, you can drop the act now.

sorry if this has been addressed but I wasn't in this thread until now. Once again the refs screwed us on a major, outcome-influencing call...the 'hold' that wiped out the long ball to Nesbitt. Or at least I don't see his assessment as a reasonable notion of what holding is. Our guy pushed the defender legally, and the defender went to the ground. There was no hold, and our guy did not fall on him. It was actually a very good block in my view. Can someone make me wrong so I can feel better about it? And please don't give me the tired old 'that isn't why we lost' cliche. I'm not saying it is, although...

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
sorry if this has been addressed but I wasn't in this thread until now. Once again the refs screwed us on a major, outcome-influencing call...the 'hold' that wiped out the long ball to Nesbitt. Or at least I don't see his assessment as a reasonable notion of what holding is. Our guy pushed the defender legally, and the defender went to the ground. There was no hold, and our guy did not fall on him. It was actually a very good block in my view. Can someone make me wrong so I can feel better about it? And please don't give me the tired old 'that isn't why we lost' cliche. I'm not saying it is, although...
One of the worst calls I've ever seen. Completely changed the momentum. The PI no call on the pass to Tez was almost as bad. But this is a team we should have easily beat, so that's not why we... whoops. I forgot not to say that.

But this is a team we should have easily beat, so that's not why we... whoops. I forgot not to say that.
it isn't that there isn't any merit to saying it, it's when it's offered gratuitously when it isn't asked for that gets my goat.

It's like, 'damn, concession prices have really gone up'. 'Yeah, but that isn't why we lost the game.'.

it isn't that there isn't any merit to saying it, it's when it's offered gratuitously when it isn't asked for that gets my goat.

It's like, 'damn, concession prices have really gone up'. 'Yeah, but that isn't why we lost the game.'.
Tell that to @gteeitup and his favorite white claw drink.

Does he weigh a lot?
Depends on whether the pitcher is half empty or full and then i presume you have to factor in the tare weight of said pitcher. Kool-Aid man famously bursts through walls so i assume that pitcher is Lexan or something. . .

In relation to half full/ empty- I remember when UNC football won 1 game a year for seasons and when there were like 10 channels and most of the time the game wasn't on so Woody would be my pilot. I'm not happy about the last few weeks- but I'm still gonna be there this Saturday cheering as I love the school, and it is in my blood and my lineage.

There's too much in life to live for to let sports get to you:

Carolina wins- sun comes up, Carolina loses- sun comes up, Carolina wins a championship- sun comes up, Carolina loses every game- sun comes up.

In theory it does. We'll probably never know if that is actually what happens.
you could be talking about the sun. It may have exploded while we're posting this. We'll know in about eight minutes, give or take. Wouldn't that be an ironic shame, this somehow becomes our championship year and we have to celebrate in the dark.

Mack didn't look well during that post game presser. He looked physically ill. He also is starting to have that same look that Roy did the last two years before retiring. The look of mental exhaustion and being depleted.

Mack didn't look well during that post game presser. He looked physically ill. He also is starting to have that same look that Roy did the last two years before retiring. The look of mental exhaustion and being depleted.
No one looked great that night. Even the players in the press conference looked and sounded like they were defeated. Maybe because all of them realized their chances to win the conference was all but gone. Mack sounded extremely pissed off at Chiz in his press conference today. Obviously he should be.

No one looked great that night. Even the players in the press conference looked and sounded like they were defeated. Maybe because all of them realized their chances to win the conference was all but gone. Mack sounded extremely pissed off at Chiz in his press conference today. Obviously he should be.
I'm surprised he kept him on his defensive coordinator after that mess. That was a travesty. There is absolutely no excuse for it at all. He should have been canned right there. I don't know how much of it was on the players, maybe they weren't executing. I'll be surprised if they win another game after Campbell assuming they beat Campbell

I'm surprised he kept him on his defensive coordinator after that mess. That was a travesty. There is absolutely no excuse for it at all. He should have been canned right there. I don't know how much of it was on the players, maybe they weren't executing. I'll be surprised if they win another game after Campbell assuming they beat Campbell
What are Mack’s options for DC behind Chizik?

People talk about firing coaches mid season like it makes a difference. It doesn't help anything. The scheme would be the same and all the position coaches would be the same. The play calling might change a little, but you still have to follow the scheme. Then people want to say, but it says we're serious about football? Serious to who? Is some fan in Oregon going to see the news and say oh shit now Carolina is serious? Are recruits going to start flocking to UNC because "we're serious about football now?" It doesn't do anything besides make a portion of the fanbase get the warm and fuzzies.

People talk about firing coaches mid season like it makes a difference. It doesn't help anything. The scheme would be the same and all the position coaches would be the same. The play calling might change a little, but you still have to follow the scheme. Then people want to say, but it says we're serious about football? Serious to who? Is some fan in Oregon going to see the news and say oh shit now Carolina is serious? Are recruits going to start flocking to UNC because "we're serious about football now?" It doesn't do anything besides make a portion of the fanbase get the warm and fuzzies.
the only thing that makes sense now is to wipe the slate clean and start over. Opposing coaches are telling recruits, 'see, Mack is a great guy and all but his time has passed...he's just too old to run a great program'.

Mack being here and going not much of anywhere big is only reinforcing our reputation. as that not-so-serious about football school.

We either make a big splash or wallow in the doldrums for a good while. I hope I'm completely wrong. If I am I hope I can count on you to tell me so.

I wouldn’t fire anyone mid season. But I wouldn’t wait until the end of the season to work on hiring the next coach either.

Dabo’s son is a colossal d*bag too so it doesn’t surprise me to find out the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

I didn’t even listen, I just assumed he was up to his usual whiny bullshit when things aren’t going his way
He was... lol. I mean, it's awesome hearing him throw a tantrum, and doing the very thing he's claiming he won't allow the caller to do TO him. Swinney made Clemson a football powerhouse. He's having a bad season and they're all ready to send him packing. I hope he leaves. They won't get another coach like him.

It'ss like I mentioned to @tarheel0910 , Clemson spun the wheel and it landed on jackpot. I think losing Venables is having an impact. And, they cut ties with DJ Uli way too soon. Club Kadenick ain't no Boyd, or Watson, or Homer Jordan!

If the going gets tough, Clemson football fans are like most SEC fans...

queen-of-hearts-alice-in-wonderland.gif

Truth be told, most fan base are like that. Everyone here is ready for Mack to exit. He didn't come anywhere close to Swinney!

I didn’t even listen, I just assumed he was up to his usual whiny bullshit when things aren’t going his way
he pretty much said you're a dick and said that YOU are the whiner. Don't get mad at me, he said it.

He was... lol. I mean, it's awesome hearing him throw a tantrum, and doing the very thing he's claiming he won't allow the caller to do TO him. Swinney made Clemson a football powerhouse. He's having a bad season and they're all ready to send him packing. I hope he leaves. They won't get another coach like him.

It'ss like I mentioned to @tarheel0910 , Clemson spun the wheel and it landed on jackpot. I think losing Venables is having an impact. And, they cut ties with DJ Uli way too soon. Club Kadenick ain't no Boyd, or Watson, or Homer Jordan!

If the going gets tough, Clemson football fans are like most SEC fans...

queen-of-hearts-alice-in-wonderland.gif

Truth be told, most fan base are like that. Everyone here is ready for Mack to exit. He didn't come anywhere close to Swinney!
losing Venables is HUGE, and I knew it would be. Dabs should have been giving half that 4 mil/yr. to him

losing Venables is HUGE, and I knew it would be. Dabs should have been giving half that 4 mil/yr. to him
he also lost one of his ace recruiter’s in jeff scott.

dabo is one of the original “we’re two plays away from being” guys…that’s why when mack said it yesterday all i could do was laugh…it’s a crock and a deflection.

ftr, i love when joe fan questions coach’s salary vs production.

he also lost one of his ace recruiter’s in jeff scott.

dabo is one of the original “we’re two plays away from being” guys…that’s why when mack said it yesterday all i could do was laugh…it’s a crock and a deflection.

ftr, i love when joe fan questions coach’s salary vs production.
I love it when Dabo tells the caller "... you're part of the problem! The expectation is greater than the appreciation." Guess what, Dabs! This is college football in 2023 America. You're getting paid more than anyone else in the entire state of SC. The expectations are always going to be high when you create the culture he and his staff created over the last 15 years. The whole landscape has changed in large part due to the success of the Clemson Football Program. The stakes are high.

He goes from 11 wins one season, to 4-4 this season... expect some backlash from those people... who he cultivated... when they expect better. Or... stay off call-in sports radio shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT