ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Loyola Prediction Thread, Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 7PM (ODDS UP)

We should easy cover the 23.5pts, I thought the margin would have been closer to 30, which I think we would also cover, our opening game, we should be primed for this one. Felt in the exhibition game it took us a while to get comfortable in front of the crowd but that second half we began to play freer, until we had it in hand and got a bit more casual. The 144.5pts is the challenge for me, we should score at least 85 we means to cover they have to score 60. Yeah, I go with the over.

Yes, they have some size but a lot of it is really young and raw. But that size will not help them as much when we spread, 7ft and good bulk does not help you as much 30ft from the basket from guys used to staying near the rim. I think we dictate tempo and see those bigs tongue's hanging out chasing guys like Garcia/Manek/Bacot.

UNC/Over

TeamRankings Logo
North Carolina Logo

North Carolina Basketball​

Predictions Update
Nov 9, 2021
Thanks for signing up for our free North Carolina basketball email updates!
As a reminder, we'll send you updated rankings and predictions after every Tar Heels game.
The college basketball season kicks off today! Here are our 2021 preseason projections for North Carolina.
We currently rank North Carolina as the #28 team in the country, and the #3 team in the ACC.
First game: Tue, Nov 9 vs. #282 Loyola-MD. Our power ratings give the Tar Heels a 98% chance to win.

Bracketology Projections​

Make NCAA TournamentGet Automatic NCAA BidProjected Seed
(if Selected)
78%13%6
North Carolina will probably make the NCAA tournament even if they don't win the ACC tournament, but they should aim for an automatic bid to be safe.
If the Tar Heels can get to 23 total wins (including conference tournament wins), their odds to make the NCAA tournament increase to 99%.
We project the Tar Heels with a 25% chance to make the Sweet Sixteen and a 6% chance to reach the Final Four.
North Carolina has a 1% chance to win the NCAA Tournament. That may not sound like much, but few teams even have this good of a chance.
More North Carolina Bracketology | Bracketology For All Teams

Regular Season Record Projection​

Current RecordProjection For Remaining GamesProjected
Final Record
0-0
(0-0 ACC)
20-10
(13-7 ACC)
20-10
(13-7 ACC)
The more precise final record expectation for North Carolina is 20.5 wins and 9.5 losses, slightly better than the rounded projection above.
Based on our projections, the Tar Heels will most likely finish the regular season with a record between 24-6 and 19-11.
More North Carolina Projections | Projections For All ACC Teams

ACC Tournament Projections​

Get ACC #1 SeedProjected SeedWin ACC Tournament
14%113%
North Carolina has a 13% chance to win the ACC tournament. They probably won't win, but there's an outside chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT