ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs the World attitude s/b the rule of thumb this season

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I realize these are just young men representing UNC but I hope everyone of them go into the preseason and the regular season with a big time chip on their shoulders.

The local and national press have gone after Carolina with a passion and the sick A B Cers are also having a field day so I say get em where it hurts the most on the court. Let the playing do the talking and then let the press and UNC haters face the music during the regular season and in March Madness.

So don't get mad get even with all of the holy then thou knuckleheads and let them feel wrath of the Carolina wrath.

I am a big UNC fan and I approve this statement...

Sounds good to me. The "Us against Them" motivation works well in some cases.

I sort of doubt Roy or the staff will push that idea though. I see them as approaching this season like every other - methodical attention to what has worked for many years.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. The "Us against Them" motivation works well in some cases.

I sort of doubt Roy or the staff will push that idea though. I see them as approaching this season like every other - methodical attention to what has worked for may years.

I agree but I would love to see the guys play with a big chip on their collective shoulders this year. I know I would be after listening to what they've had to hear the last couple of years. d00k winning it all should be further incentive to play with a nasty streak.

It doesn't come across as Roy's style, but I think he's capable of quietly carrying a chip on his shoulder.
I also hope the team has some of that attitude for 15-16, it might be what elevates a good team to greatness.

It doesn't come across as Roy's style, but I think he's capable of quietly carrying a chip on his shoulder.
I also hope the team has some of that attitude for 15-16, it might be what elevates a good team to greatness.
Oz, I posted previously that my feeling is that Ol' Roy will indeed be carrying a chip on his shoulder this season.
He says all the politically correct things but there's a burning fire inside and he is pissed at the over-blowing of the "scandal", not to mention the douche-baggery of his coaching competitors who have played it to the hilt.

Roy also knows he's flat loaded this year, and (unless he's totally lost his coaching acumen) he will put a starting lineup on the floor that is all but un-defendable. With no more worrying about JP buying in to his role, and now having the next great Carolina PG finally running the show, Marcus and JJ freed up, and 2 experienced skilled Bigs, opponents better buckle their damned seat belts. We're gonna see that "play fast" pace Roy loves and I'm thinkin' there'll be a a lotta free biscuits given out at home games this season.

Reactions: Realfreedom
There's no doubt in my mind that our coaches will have a chip on their shoulders, and rightfully so. They've watched people try to undermine what they've worked so hard to build. Roy may be an "aw shucks" kind of guy but he doesn't strike me as someone to whom you want to give additional motivation. I just hope the team mimics his fire for the game.

Reactions: Realfreedom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT