Marshall
Williams
Davis
Henson
Ellington
Bullock

It would be a slaughter.

Reactions: ACokeForRoy
How many minutes did Enes Kanter play for UK . . ?
He was still on the team though. Not that it really matters.

You seriously looked at that mismatch and picked out something that didn't truly matter to nitpick it.

You have 2-3 sure-fire hall of famers for Kentucky.

He was still on the team though. Not that it really matters.

You seriously looked at that mismatch and picked out something that didn't truly matter to nitpick it.

You have 2-3 sure-fire hall of famers for Kentucky.

He was ruled ineligible to play college ball, plain and simple . . he may have practiced for a few weeks with UK, but, everybody knew he wasn't going to play college ball.

Moses Malone was going to play at Maryland, but, was ruled academically ineligible, should we consider him a Maryland alumni . . ?

LOL

Geeze guys, it's a basketball game to raise money for charity and the outcome means jack sh*t. Remind me of the negatives again please.

But yeah, probably be a bit of a whoopin'. Who cares?

Geeze guys, it's a basketball game to raise money for charity and the outcome means jack sh*t. Remind me of the negatives again please.

But yeah, probably be a bit of a whoopin'. Who cares?

Here's a few negatives...

1- It's more exposure for Slimy.
2- It's more exposure for kaintuck
3- It'll bring more of the idiots among the kaintuck fanbase here. I don't mind the decent ones but they are few and far between. We tend to get the flaming idiots.

3- It'll bring more of the idiots among the kaintuck fanbase here. I don't mind the decent ones but they are few and far between. We tend to get the flaming idiots.

What heelbent said.

Reactions: BillyL
But aren't we going to get some exposure out of this too? I mean, would you rather it be duke? The game would happen regardless. I'm pretty stoked it's us.

I'll never be "stoked" about it. Slimy has a pro day where scouts come in and watch his players. He has WWW taking care of any problems Slimy can't be caught handling. He has rappers pimping him to high schoolers and now he's going to have recruits at Rupp watching this alumni game. It's nothing but another recruiting tool for Slimy and he has enough of those already. Bump kaintuck.

Last edited:
But aren't we going to get some exposure out of this too? I mean, would you rather it be duke? The game would happen regardless. I'm pretty stoked it's us.

This is how I see it. Kentucky already had an alumni game between its own players. This is simply bringing in UNC for the ride. With the roster imbalance, you guys have nothing to lose. We win, hey they were supposed to win plus it's at Rupp. You win, bragging rights against all the flamers who come here. Supposedly it's something Wall and Barnes got going. Cal isn't even involved.

From a pure basketball POV I would love to see it. I can't look at it like its a debate on military spending or immigration. Its basketball and I think it would be pretty entertaining. On a neutral site of course.

If it ever happens I think it will be like the NBA all-star game....NO defense. I think Kent. would win but why not one in the dump & one in The Dean Dome. They are all millionaires after all whats one more plane flight.

Not to be too picky, but sure-fire? I'm not sure any other than Davis are HOFers with perfect health, and none of these guys have done enough to this point to merit that have they?
Cousins and Davis are pretty sure-fire barring a miracle turn around to their careers.

This is how I see it. Kentucky already had an alumni game between its own players. This is simply bringing in UNC for the ride. With the roster imbalance, you guys have nothing to lose. We win, hey they were supposed to win plus it's at Rupp. You win, bragging rights against all the flamers who come here. Supposedly it's something Wall and Barnes got going. Cal isn't even involved.

This isn't our first rodeo when it comes to Alumni games,And I doubt very much you are supposed to win IF you win,I take that as a slap toward our players.I would take our 2009 team vs your Alumni.

I think it would be great. And don`t sell yourself short , it could wind up a very good game that could go either way. it would bring exposure for both schools . If it turned out a success then the next year have it in Chapel Hill. The key would be to enjoy it but not get bent out of shape over it. I doubt that the players will lose any sleep over it.

Reactions: GACMAN
Well I guess you just need to be a student of the institution to be considered an alumnus but it would be nice if some actual graduates saw the court.

I think it's a great idea! Because it's two of the top programs in College Basketball history it would be a great charitable event. P.S Kentucky fans are no worse than any other fan base. It would be easy to point out idiots from any fanbase in sports. Rivalries are all about talkin smack! It's part of the fun. And yes I'm trolling! lol

The funny thing is when it comes to games like this.. The players are all friends and their gonna get out there and entertain. The game will not be serious. We the fans have a completely different perspective. I think it would be a lot of fun.. It would be really awesome to see Sam Bowie and Jordan get in the game. That would make it special.

Harrison Barnes ‏@hbarnes 2h2 hours ago
Assembling a UNC team for a return trip to Rupp Arena on Sept 13 to take on the Cats! This time the result will be different! #AlumniGame

Should be a great event between two blue bloods. Plus, it is for charity. Doesn't get much better than that. Hopefully they can do this once a year. This year at Rupp, next year at Dean Dome.

Well I guess you just need to be a student of the institution to be considered an alumnus but it would be nice if some actual graduates saw the court.

Could either school field a team if a degree was needed for playing?
A real student athlete degree...........probably resemble a 2nd rate h.s. all-star game.
Not many NBA all-stars have a degree when they leave school.

ADVERTISEMENT