ADVERTISEMENT

UNV vs Texas Game Thread

I know it dont make us feel any better right now but there is a lot to be excited about. We played like crap missed 14 free-throws and hit only 1 three and could have won. I think we will be fine!

Missed FTs turnovers galore and freshmen mistakes..... TIRED of losing to Texas
Im gonna go out on a limb and say BOTH Love and Sharpe will be back next year

Reactions: jeans15
I know it dont make us feel any better right now but there is a lot to be excited about. We played like crap missed 14 free-throws and hit only 1 three and could have won. I think we will be fine!
14 missed free throws... there's the reason we lost!

Caleb's second wide-open air ball in 2 games...same spot. He will get better.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Give Texas credit. They executed that last possession with absolute precision! It was perfectly done. They had the confidence and the better team!

I don't understand how young men who are obviously highly recruited D1 players, and are very talented, shoot FTs so poorly, consistently. To me, what little I saw last night and tonight, some players jack up their FTs as if the basketball is a hot potato - as if it makes no difference if they make it or not....lets get back to the up and down of the game. That ticks me off so much. I know this is old school, but maybe Roy should start instilling running until they drop for missed FTs in game - the next day at practice. There have to be consequences. Until Leaky hit his (Leaky!) did anybody go 2-2 at the line all day?

Infuriating. Shoot 75% or even 65% and we win going away. 70% is the bare minimum that should be expected from a good D1 team.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
I don't understand how young men who are obviously highly recruited D1 players, and are very talented, shoot FTs so poorly, consistently. To me, what little I saw last night and tonight, some players jack up their FTs as if the basketball is a hot potato - as if it makes no difference if they make it or not....lets get back to the up and down of the game. That ticks me off so much. I know this is old school, but maybe Roy should start instilling running until they drop for missed FTs in game - the next day at practice. There have to be consequences. Until Leaky hit his (Leaky!) did anybody go 2-2 at the line all day?

Infuriating. Shoot 75% or even 65% and we win going away. 70% is the bare minimum that should be expected from a good D1 team.
Armando hit all of his FTs, I think. Bacot is one of the more reliable players so far.

Missed free throws lost the game. Turnovers were nowhere near as bad in the 2nd half. Missed free throws lose a lot of games!

At least double the in bounce pass just to get him a little flustered

We let him have a practice shot.

Last edited:
Caleb Love has to play better than that.

He needs to decide if he wants to play in the NBA or for UNC right now.

No passion or leadership from that young man.

Reactions: Heelicious
Should have won the game, but Sh&%T happens.

The team came back from 16 down. There would not have been a comeback last year.

They will be okay.

Our backcourt: 5-24 FG%; 0-6 3PT%; 3 assists, 7 TOs. Not good. We are so far from this backcourt playing Heels basketball. We need better shot selection, take better care of the ball, get it inside more where we have a clear advantage.

We have under a 0.5 A/TO ratio. Alarming. Should be in the 1.5-2 range. Something like 6 assists for the game? WAY too much one-on-one dribble and shoot.

Oh well, it's early, but our new guys have a LOOOOOONG way to go in turning individual skill set into anything of value in contributing to the team and to team wins.

Tough loss but on the bright side if this was last year's team they would have lost by 25. Showed a lot of heart fighting back into it. Roys lack of in game coaching ability showed again, took hi. Till middle of the second half to finally put out a lineup to slow down texas.. also can we stop pending that having Hubert davis on staff is some magic pill that everyone is gonna shoot better? It's been like this for what feels like at least 3 straight years..so obviously he doesn't make much of a difference

Reactions: gd15nc
Not a quick observation we aren’t going to win many games hitting one three pointer...yes there’s other reasons too.

Terrible outside shooting game, but just my opinion we are in good shape. Caleb and RJ are going to get better and better. Walton is my surprise of anyone, he is going to get some playing time, and make allot of threes for us. Wish we would have won, but we are going to be a monster for the next two seasons.

Love's body demeanor when things are not going his way needs to improve, and if RJ throws another bounce pass into the post that goes no where, I am going to scream!

Brooks is the man, I was kind of scared he may get lost with all the new talent, but he is as fundamentally as solid as anyone around. Sharpe is a monster, and Kessler will find his offensive game one day.

Armondo is a beast, and I can see Roy letting him go wild real soon.

We have a really good team, ACC better watch out.

Not a quick observation we aren’t going to win many games hitting one three pointer...yes there’s other reasons too.
You hit the nail right on the head. Roy has got to get Walton and Johnson into the game more to spread the floor. Walton should've gotten some of Love's minutes today.

You hit the nail right on the head. Roy has got to get Walton and Johnson into the game more to spread the floor. Walton should've gotten some of Love's minutes today.

Don't know if you can afford not to play Love to get him experience, but Walton should have gotten some more minutes. He wants to shoot and we needed that today.

Reactions: jeans15 and TheGLOV
I like (hate) to look at how many points teams outscore us by via 3 point shot. Its not the be all and end all if the other team is jacking up 30 3's to make 5 of them....but they outscored us by 24 (!) from beyond the arc. That is a lot of points to try to make up in other ways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT