ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas over/under Tar Heel wins

Not really sure where they're getting that number from. This seems to be the year that the media is finally cooling off on preseason expectations for the Tar Heels, yet Vegas sets the line at 8 wins (does that count the bowl game - if there is one?).

If I had to put my life savings on it I'd probably hammer the under. In order for the over to win, UNC would need to win at least 9 games - something that hasn't happened since the Mack Brown days in 1997. While I'd love to see it happen, I find it hard to find 9 wins on the schedule.

Doesn't include bowl game, IIRC.

Interesting they'd set it at a whole number and not a .5 to eliminate pushes. I think we'll win exactly 8, actually.

That's 3-1 in our non-conference slate, and then 5-3 in conference which I think we can and will do, given our schedule. If I had to predict the losses, I'll say SCar, GT, Miami, Moo :/

I would take 8-4. You have to think with this being our first year off probation. We can finally start hopefully trending upwards. Again it all depends on how much Coach Chizic and defensive staff can get this defense to improve and how quickly the kid pick it up. The offence should be fine. But we are Carolina. The Sleeping Giant that just does seem to want to WAKE UP!!!!!

If you forced me to pick 7 or 9, I'd pick 9. There's just no way we only lose 3 games this season.

So I think you meant to say you'd pick 7?

If so, I agree. While I think 8 wins is probably the most likely outcome... if I'm betting on it, I think there's a better chance the Heels only win 7 games, as opposed to winning 9. Similar to you, I don't see anyway we only lose 3 of the games on the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT