ADVERTISEMENT

We still have a chance with Ingram.

imajericho

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Pittsburgh
Ingram was a done deal to UNC. When Coach K he got basically told there was no chance he was coming with that roster. K said I will get a PG and then let me redo my presentation. K got his PG and now will try to sway Ingram. Ingram will have a tough decision now between Duke and UNC in what was a clear UNC choice.

Ingram was a done deal to UNC. When Coach K he got basically told there was no chance he was coming with that roster. K said I will get a PG and then let me redo my presentation. K got his PG and now will try to sway Ingram. Ingram will have a tough decision now between Duke and UNC in what was a clear UNC choice.
Was not a "clear" UNC choice regardless. I personally feel he ends up there but he's had his concerns with a UNC commitment for a while.....

Yes, we still have a chance . . and I am so hoping that we can corral Brandon.

The real reason UNC is struggling to get recruits this year is because of Depth. Players don't want to go to a school to get buried on a roster. They all have dreams of being One and Done and leading their teams to championships ala Duke this year. Our Depth is great but hurting our recruiting.

Reactions: EmJay14
The real reason UNC is struggling to get recruits this year is because of Depth. Players don't want to go to a school to get buried on a roster. They all have dreams of being One and Done and leading their teams to championships ala Duke this year. Our Depth is great but hurting our recruiting.

I argue it's the sanctions that could kill our postseason next year. No OAD guy wants to go to a school for a year that has no chance of playing in the postseason.

Ingram knows he starts wherever he goes next season.

I argue it's the sanctions that could kill our postseason next year. No OAD guy wants to go to a school for a year that has no chance of playing in the postseason.

Ingram knows he starts wherever he goes next season.
I don't think he does at UNC.

I don't think he does at UNC.

You haven't seen him play enough then. He's outstanding. Berry is a nice player and moves Marcus to the 2 which is his better spot, but you don't sit a kid like Ingram.

He may not start, Marvin Williams didn't either. But, he will get major minutes wherever he decides to go . .

Brandon Ingram jumped to the #3 spot in ESPN's recruit rankings . . Jaylen Brown is now #4 . .

Ingram was the star of stars at the McDonald's West team's practice and he dominated them all week long . .

I think he's Dook bound also BUT how about we give Roy a chance to work his magic. I remember seeing Harrison Barnes behind the Dook bench in a Dook shirt & thought he was a lock to go there.

Depth is not the issue. Calipari sold his guys on playing 18-19 minutes a game and he still had seven players headed to the NBA. Two of the Heels best 6th men (Daivis and Williams) were on NCAA title teams and didn't start. It's all about winning.

Ingram already made up his mind and it was not because whether or not K was going to get a point guard. K was going to get a point guard regardless. Ingram will be a Heel on Monday. Deal have been sealed for a couple of weeks.

Depth is not the issue. Calipari sold his guys on playing 18-19 minutes a game and he still had seven players headed to the NBA. Two of the Heels best 6th men (Daivis and Williams) were on NCAA title teams and didn't start. It's all about winning.

Ingram already made up his mind and it was not because whether or not K was going to get a point guard. K was going to get a point guard regardless. Ingram will be a Heel on Monday. Deal have been sealed for a couple of weeks.

Man I hope you are right =)

I think he's Dook bound also BUT how about we give Roy a chance to work his magic. I remember seeing Harrison Barnes behind the Dook bench in a Dook shirt & thought he was a lock to go there.

He hasn't had much "magic" lately. I'm sorry, but it feels like recruits don't look at Roy and/or UNC as THE place to be right now. It feels like UNC is at the bottom of the top tier teams where recruits will go if they don't get an offer from the other top tier teams. I hope I'm wrong, but it feels that way.

stop with the "sanctions" already

why? It's a real possibility (see Syracuse) and it's a black cloud hanging over the program that this particular recruit has talked about. Why stop when it's a real thing?

Sadly, I no longer have any confidence in UNC landing a top recruit which also has UK, Dook and KU offers. Roy's reputation of playing experience over talent along with only two 1 and done players in the last 12 years has extremely hurt his recruiting. I'm not sure I see things getting better any time soon. I foresee him missing on Smith, Tatum and Giles in the next class.

You haven't seen him play enough then. He's outstanding. Berry is a nice player and moves Marcus to the 2 which is his better spot, but you don't sit a kid like Ingram.
He won't start at Carolina... and Berry is a lot more than a "nice player".

All I know is that the UNC coaching staff get the last in home with Ingram and because of that I like the chances of him being on the hill next season..

Steat, we will be expecting a self imposed ban if you are wrong.

Why not make the same offer to all the people who are picking Duke? Then when he picks UNC they get a past....Right? Nope, they will be right here gloating and no one will notice. Funny how it works, right.....lol

Ingram was just on the phone live with ESPNU Signing Day Special. He said his decision was coming on Monday. He also stated that Thornton reclassifying and going to dook was go to play a big role in his decision. Regarding UNC, he said his relationship with Stackhouse and other UNC guys from Kinston will not factor in much at all. They support him wherever he goes. Take that for what it's worth, which isn't much. But if I was trying to read into it and also into the sound of his voice, he seemed to me to be a dook lean.

That said, I am usually bad at reading people.

Seems pretty clear cut. How else could you read that? He is either playing misdirection or clearly going to Duke.

If I were Roy, I'd spend my time and effort elsewhere now. That kid is going to dook. Why waste more visits? Find some other kid.

I just saw a piece on ESPN about how Steph Curry was totally overlooked by Roy. He was even featured in the piece and admitted that he never even saw the kid! Hey, Roy! Go find a good player that every school in the country's not clamoring for that will be an All-About-Me player before he ever shows up on campus. Having the "last visit" and still losing the kid makes you, and the program, look even worse!

Why do people say we have the last visit? Pretty sure NC State does.

That said, he is like an hour away. Why wouldn't you visit him? What time are you wasting?

If I were Roy, I'd spend my time and effort elsewhere now. That kid is going to dook. Why waste more visits? Find some other kid.

I just saw a piece on ESPN about how Steph Curry was totally overlooked by Roy. He was even featured in the piece and admitted that he never even saw the kid! Hey, Roy! Go find a good player that every school in the country's not clamoring for that will be an All-About-Me player before he ever shows up on campus. Having the "last visit" and still losing the kid makes you, and the program, look even worse!

And Seth went to Duke,, no Kentucky, no State, no Kansas.... dang, went to the other powerhouse... Davidson. Sorry, but your example is silly.

Ingram was just on the phone live with ESPNU Signing Day Special. He said his decision was coming on Monday. He also stated that Thornton reclassifying and going to dook was go to play a big role in his decision. Regarding UNC, he said his relationship with Stackhouse and other UNC guys from Kinston will not factor in much at all. They support him wherever he goes. Take that for what it's worth, which isn't much. But if I was trying to read into it and also into the sound of his voice, he seemed to me to be a dook lean.

That said, I am usually bad at reading people.

Well that should put this dessication to rest.

And Seth went to Duke,, no Kentucky, no State, no Kansas.... dang, went to the other powerhouse... Davidson. Sorry, but your example is silly.

It's not silly. It shows Roy missed-out on a great recruit who wound up at Davidson!

Work on your English, too, by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT