ADVERTISEMENT

Well, at least the Dook FOOTBALL coach is honest

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-visits-duke-help-benefit-blue-devils-players

Too bad the basketball coach, the most selfish ,self aggrandizing phony in all sports, refuses to give up the Obvious advantage that maintaining his vice like grip on the reigns of USA basketball, gives to the dook basketball program

His recruiting had suffered prior to his gig there and since he has REFUSED to relinquish the opportunity to coach the team, after TWO gold medals, he has consistently reaped GREAT dividends from OAD players like Parker and Okafor

His selfishness and win at all costs approach, including the on going cover up of the six year old Lance Thomas $70k diamond extra benefit scam, are a testament to the lessons he needs to learn from his football counterpart at Dook.

Believe it or not, Coach K did try to give it up, but was convinced to coach Team USA one more time. Research is a good thing...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...-team-usa-basketball-head-coach-one-more-time

Your response is typical dook BS. Dean was asked to return as well but he was classy enough to realize it was an honor that should be shared with the many other deserving coaches, so he declined. You act as if Knight Lite was forced to continue. Nothing could be further from the truth. He continues to do it because of the attention and recruiting advantages it affords him.

Reactions: dgheel57
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-visits-duke-help-benefit-blue-devils-players

Too bad the basketball coach, the most selfish ,self aggrandizing phony in all sports, refuses to give up the Obvious advantage that maintaining his vice like grip on the reigns of USA basketball, gives to the dook basketball program

His recruiting had suffered prior to his gig there and since he has REFUSED to relinquish the opportunity to coach the team, after TWO gold medals, he has consistently reaped GREAT dividends from OAD players like Parker and Okafor

His selfishness and win at all costs approach, including the on going cover up of the six year old Lance Thomas $70k diamond extra benefit scam, are a testament to the lessons he needs to learn from his football counterpart at Dook.

Key my man, I appreciate where ya coming from but here is the thing, maybe K is milking the team USA gig for all it is worth, of course it is helping him bring in great talents, of course he gets more exposure to them than any other coach. But the thing is, do ya really blame him?

Seriously, yes it gives him a huge advantage, we all know that but ask yourself, if it were Roy with this huge advantage would ya really want him to give it up, when it brings in multiple top 20 talents to the program every year?

It is kinda hard for me to fuss about something that if it were my coach with the advantage that I would want him to do it any differently. There is plenty in my mind to dislike K for, honestly, this just isn't one of them.

Honestly, I would LOVE to see Roy coach a Olympic level team and maybe gain an advantage bringing in some out side of the country talent to UNC. I really miss our not getting kids from outside the states.

I really miss our not getting kids from outside the states.

Isaac Humphries is one of the only top big men for 2016 whom Roy hasn't offered and I wish he would.

Oh, and back to the OP - with you 100% Key. Sure, he doesn't have to give up the USA gig, but lets be honest, where the US team is right now, you'd have to be a pretty poor coach to come home with anything less than gold.

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that if Roy was in a similar position that Vader was in and is now, that he would have SHARED the opportunity to coach the Olympic team with OTHER coaches like Izzo, Pop and Rivers.... whose own SON played for vader

Roy would clearly have followed the example set by Coach Smith and said.... hey you know these other coaches deserve the chance to coach OUR AMERICAN team. I haver had my moment let them experience this

Vader is a selfish ,self centered, and ego maniacal ahole who clearly does NOT want to give up ANY advantage he has over his competition

It is another example of just how SMALL he is as a human being

While I will never argue that this helps Coach K with recruiting, what I don't understand is how this hasn't helped the other coaches. As you know, Jim Boeheim is the assistant coach with the same amount of access as Coach K.

And also, what about Billy Donovan, he was the head coach of the of the U18 for Team USA. You would think as the head coach of these recruits, he would have the most access, after all, he's coaching the actual kids.

Reactions: tw3301
Some of you guys sound like crackpots...jeez. This "share the wealth" nonsense just sounds stupid. So you expect him to quit, so he can give away his comparative advantage to someone else, just out of the "kindness of his heart".

I sure wouldn't want Roy to if he had the position. This lovey-dovey, "do the right thing" approach that is being preached is so stupid, this is the real world, you don't give up an advantage just to be nice. How old are some of you guys...really.

I was born in1953 and was watching Carolina basketball when you were probably a part of some speck of matter somewhere in the bowels of your father.

I agree with DSouth and Pinhead Larry 1000%..........if you were head of a billion dollar corporation (and you were REALLY getting paid) would you let someone else drive the ship just to be nice or would you make as much $ for as long as you can?? Like Pinhead Larry said "this is the real world" fellas. What you would like to see happen and the REAL WORLD are two different things...........GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!

If you don't expect people to "do the right thing", they never will.
No coach does 100% the right thing at the level of the top teams. Even if it's as small as answering questions of recruits in a way that could be misinterpreted as negative recruiting....
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I agree K should milk it because it is obviously working. The NCAA is the issue. They allow this to occur and give him an advantage along with all the free crap Duke players are allowed with penalty. They refuse to even look at Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT