ADVERTISEMENT

Were The 80s the Greatest Decade In Your Life . . ?

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
For you, maybe it was the 50s, 60s, 70s, 90s, 2000s . .

I loved the 70s (teenage years and all ) . . . but, if I had to choose, give me the 80s.

Started that decade in my mid 20s, loved the music of that era, life seemed so easy back then . .

What say ye, OOTB . . ?

I would probably agree with the 80s, though I was in the 11-20 age range the entire decade. Computers had just entered the home and captured my attention, I was a few years into having discovered UNC Basketball, I fell in love with golf. I liked, and still like, the music but I do wonder how much of my current attachment to the music is due to nostalgia for that period of my life.

The 70s were definitely the most care-free, but since I entered that decade at age one, I really only remember the latter years and things like learning to ride a bike, Star Wars, little league basketball and baseball, and family camping trips, that all bring back fond memories.

5 star thread.

You know how much I loved the 80s. That was my childhood. Brings back memories of my immediate family, specifically my sister. We were so close as kids. Loved the music, movies and overall pop culture of the 80s. It's also when I was getting into sports and those were good days for that too.

But with all that said, the 90s were awesome too.

I was born in the 80s, so I guess you can say that. The 90s were my childhood, so I'm going with that. Great music in the 90s as well.

As a child of the '60s, I loved that decade. All the changes we experienced made it, to me, the most exciting time ever.

No. I would actually rate the 80s as my least favorite decade.

Wasn't born in the 80s, but I was in the womb, and my pregnant mother went to Disney World, so that's something.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Was 10 at the Beginning of the 80's loved the movies John Hughes made(Pretty in Pink , Breakfast club , Somekind of wonderful among others). The music was the best , was listening to 8 on 80's on the way home just a few minutes ago on Sirus XM Sat. radio. Met my wife in 1987 at White Lake as 16 yrs olds. Got my first mustang in 1988. My dad was alive the entire decade. Didn't have all the responsibilities I have today. It was the best Decade ever !

I graduated from Carolina in 1976...the 80's were CLEARLY for ME the best decade.

Loads and loads of fun....wine ,women and song .....Some very very good memories.

The 80's rocked! But, I try to do things to improve all the time, and I'm not done yet.

I remember being in New York City the night the restoration of the Statue of Liberty was celebrated with fireworks (July 1986). Reagan was in town for the celebration. When he gave a speech he kept it short and said:

"Tonight there's much to celebrate and many blessings to be grateful for. So while it's good to talk about serious things, it's just as important and just as American to have some fun. Now, let's have some fun! let the celebration begin! ". That was the 80s in a nutshell

Last edited:
In the fall of 1980 I started my senior year of high school, and got married at the start of 1990, so the 80's were a very fun decade for me - lots of concerts, parties, and just a tad of under-age drinking and other things.

I liked 70's and 80's.Was a young musician on the road partying and no care in the world.

Ahh yess i had a job out of unc paying more money than i knew how to spend. Bought a brand new z 28 off the showroom floor. Had tom selleck hair and a mullet and started dating the hottest chick i had ever met. (Sigh)

I loved the 80's.... graduated High School and UNC in the 80's a real coming of age decade for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT