ADVERTISEMENT

what kind of idiot

Its pretty sad that we just can't get past the hatred in this country.

This kid's dad bought him a .45 for his birthday(April) . . in March he had some sorta drug charges placed on him.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
If that's the case, then the dads an idiot as well. I bet the family follows the same ideology. Innocent people at church. I guess I will need to pack heat this Sunday. Pitiful world we live in

An evil punk is who does it. Kid needs his ass kicked and does not deserve to live. Sad thing is that is someone in that church had been armed they could have blown his brains out. If I was the cop that got him I would be hard pressed not to beat him. Sad thing is that the majority of this country see no color and a few keep the flame burning. God bless these victims and their loved ones.

Reactions: GACMAN
i was afraid something so indefensible as this would turn out to be so divisive.

a side note to this fella, our firm sent him a rep letter a year ago when he got into trouble...he wasn't interested then based on the lack of response, wonder if he'll choose us now?...from what i know about his family, they won't be able to afford the fee, but who knows...this kid has gone to many schools around here, almost as if he had zero direction, ever...he also has numerous multi-cultural friends.

i am pretty confident that having another person in that church carrying a weapon is not the right answer...even law enforcement here would agree.

Reactions: BillyL
i was afraid something so indefensible as this would turn out to be so divisive.

a side note to this fella, our firm sent him a rep letter a year ago when he got into trouble...he wasn't interested then based on the lack of response, wonder if he'll choose us now?...from what i know about his family, they won't be able to afford the fee, but who knows...this kid has gone to many schools around here, almost as if he had zero direction, ever...he also has numerous multi-cultural friends.

i am pretty confident that having another person in that church carrying a weapon is not the right answer...even law enforcement here would agree.

I'm not saying it was the answer G. I'm simply saying maybe that person could have saved some lives and the punk would be dead. My church is armed and has been for years because evil is out there. It's sad all the way around.

I'm not anti-gun (we have a handgun in my house), but you can't deny that the ease of access to firearms is a contributing factor to the U.S.'s relatively high rate of gun-related violence.

But heres the thing, every time something like this happens theres a call for stricter gun control when in fact no new gun law would prevent any of the attacks! The kid got the gun as a gift for his 21 bday. So we gonna outlaw gifting guns? What new gun law short of banning guns altogether would have prevented the attack or for that fact ANY of the mass shootings?

But heres the thing, every time something like this happens theres a call for stricter gun control when in fact no new gun law would prevent any of the attacks! The kid got the gun as a gift for his 21 bday. So we gonna outlaw gifting guns? What new gun law short of banning guns altogether would have prevented the attack or for that fact ANY of the mass shootings?

AGREE!

I don't know the answer to that question, nor do I think gun ownership is the entire root of the problem. All I know is that we're an extremely violent society relative to other countries.

This will go the way of every other shooting -- the movie theater in Aurora, Sandy Hook, etc. People will talk about it for a couple weeks and then it'll go away without anything ever changing.

All I know is that we're an extremely violent society relative to other countries.

I think that's true on some levels. We are an extremely UNIQUE society compared to ANY other country, too. That cannot be overstated. This country was born, built and bred on firearms and weaponry. We are also one of the most culturally-mixed nations and our history is unique as a result. We have ALL the tribes and nationalities here, in abundance. We have a history (not all that long ago) where we enslaved, by law, anyone of African descent. They were deemed less-than-human. It was accepted. The presence of firearms in our society is not the culprit of the mass killings and murder. The mere existence of a weapon, or weapons, doesn't equal mass killings. Look at Canada. They have tons of guns and barely any gun violence. This country is just a melting pot of so many tribal representations. It's encouraged and exacerbated by our political "leaders" and media.

I heard a quote from Obama's speech that said something like "Our country has a lot more gun violence than other countries." And, I said out loud "Yep, it sure does. That's how it is and it's nothing new." Personally, I don't think our gun crimes are that bad given the logistics, population, complex circumstances and so forth. They are bad BY COMPARISON to other countries, but I don't want to live in those countries and I don't think it's that dangerous in this country. I've never once heard a gunshot fired anywhere that I have ever lived that wasn't a hunter. Now, I realize I've never lived in NYC or Chicago, or Miami, or any other high crime city. I have lived in Charleston, Richmond and Charlotte. I don't feel afraid to live here at all. I'm not worried about getting shot at all. This whole hysteria, to me, is just the result of the culmination of our multi-cultural society and history. The presence of guns maybe doesn't help, but I do not blame the presence of guns at all. There are far, far more responsible gun owners and users than there are loose cannons like the kid last night.

@tazki i'm more concerned with people that believe everybody must carry than someone like you feeling another gun might have prevented more deaths.

you are a sensible dude, i worry about folks that aren't and that have a hero complex...those complexes show up in road rage cases, child assaults, and simple larceny crimes.

Actually under sc law as a convicted felon he was ineligible for gun ownership. So the law is already in place

okay, so his pending charges prevent him from purchasing a gun, yet his father gives him one...still, sc is one of 40 states that do not require background checks for private gun transactions, like the one that allegedly took place between roof and his father...the gun control activists call this the “private sale” loophole...don't you think this should at least be pushed?

I feel to own any handgun, you should be required to have a permit. I Dont like the gift concept without permit for reasons such as this. The dad should have know his son has some issues. Someone with charges of drug possession, then pops says,Dont do it again here's a gun for your good behavior. I know the father did not commit the crime, but he helped enable it. Guns laws do not fix stupid.
As for someone carrying in church, as long as they are responsible I see no issue with it. That's the whole reason I went thru the process of getting my conceal carry permit. So I could defend my family and myself if need be. No hero complex. Church or no church, I would have dropped him like a hot potato if given the chance to save myself. Everyone who carries for personal protection is not a vigilantly. Some of us desire to live over stricter guns laws. Gun laws do not stop the evil ones in this country

It's humbling for me to know that this guy passed within 2 miles of my home and workplace here in Gaston County while on the lam from his heinous crime. Thankfully, a Gastonia woman who was late and on her way to work in Kings Mountain spotted and followed him on Highway 74 while she phoned her boss who alerted the police.

This was a response from one of the guys closely associated with the situation.... “We’re in a society today that is broken, pretty much,” he added. “And there will be a time when those times will be made right.”

Amen my friend, Amen!

Reactions: Old_School59
I know the father did not commit the crime, but he helped enable it.
See, I do not agree with this logic. He could've gotten a gun by other means. Just from a philosophica/logical reasoning standpoint, I have trouble attributed any blame to the father. He didn't pull the trigger or think up/act out the horrible deed.

I have never agreed with this line of reasoning, be it blaming gun manufacturers for murders, blaming bystanders for "doing nothing," or what have you. The one pulling the trigger is the sole guilty one, as far as I'm concerned

And yet he still walked into a gun shop and bought the gun. You just made yourself look stupid.

I thought his father gave him the gun? His dad probably didn't need a background check for his son... or, maybe he did.

I think it's the bullets' fault. The guns just fire the bullets. The bullets do the killing, right? They actually enter the body and do the damage to the other person. Make bullets illegal. Making anything illegal always stops the behavior or existence of the thing in question, right?

Or, better yet, just do what this country always does; Declare WAR on it! That's this country's answer to every problem... just declare war on it. At least that way you can build an industry behind it and make loads of money from it.

The one pulling the trigger is the sole guilty one, as far as I'm concerned
Agreed.

Look, there's no magic pill for putting an end to these kinds of events. People determined enough to kill others are going to find a way to do it. The focus should be on finding reasonable ways to mitigate that risk. That probably includes some combination of gun control reform and improved mental health counseling, for starters. I don't pretend to have the answers, though.

And yet he still walked into a gun shop and bought the gun. You just made yourself look stupid.

Well lesee that is the law and btw he received it as a gift according to the media. So uh.....who looks stupid now?

Oh yea! Arent u the guy that went whining to the mods about personal attacks on here and wanted the board shut down? Lol! So then u come back from exile and your first post is a personal attack?

okay, so his pending charges prevent him from purchasing a gun, yet his father gives him one...still, sc is one of 40 states that do not require background checks for private gun transactions, like the one that allegedly took place between roof and his father...the gun control activists call this the “private sale” loophole...don't you think this should at least be pushed?

Oh def. I agree wholeheartedly. I dont agree that any such laws will prevent deluded evil people like this pos from getting a gun and to blame the laws for the crime like potus implied is pandering to the political nut jobs.

11, only reason i mention the fathers connection is the fact that he gave his son a weapon days after a felony drug charge. Naturally the dad did not do anything of harm, but common sense was not used. If my kids went down a felony path, the last thing I would give them is a weapon. As I stated before, there is a possibility that this kid saw things in his own house that shaped his POV towards blacks. But again, that's only speculation. Parents across the nation needs to monitor what their kids are doing . Some of this behavior can be headed off by knowing what your children. Are doing.

11, only reason i mention the fathers connection is the fact that he gave his son a weapon days after a felony drug charge. Naturally the dad did not do anything of harm, but common sense was not used. If my kids went down a felony path, the last thing I would give them is a weapon. As I stated before, there is a possibility that this kid saw things in his own house that shaped his POV towards blacks. But again, that's only speculation. Parents across the nation needs to monitor what their kids are doing . Some of this behavior can be headed off by knowing what your children. Are doing.
I can maybe get on board with what you're saying about the dad not using great judgment. But it just depends on the circumstances of the felony charge, IMO. When you're talking drug-related, it isn't very hard to get charged with a felony, compared to like violence-based crimes, for example.

I was just stating that I don't think anyone can successfully push the narrative that the dad shares some sort of culpability for the act. Furthermore, even if he was raised in a racist household (hypothetically speaking here), that's still zero excuse and that still doesn't make the dad or parents culpable IMO. Like I said above, only the trigger puller is the guilty one in incidents like this, as far as I see it.

he purchased a gun...he was also given a gun as a present...he was also captured while armed...connect the dots or don't.

either way, for the nra to make the statement that if pinckney was carrying he might have saved eight lives is both ignorant and irresponble.

Reactions: lovetheHeels!
IMO the issue is not with the gun. Its with the evil rasist that is the issue. Its the mentality behind it that I find disturbing. Its the politicizing the issue. Its the division that is created in people because of it. Its a product of todays culture that creates mess like this. Its the fact that racial tension will emerge as a result. Pitiful that people cannot assemble and worship without fear of nutjobs killing them. Hopefully we won't have copy cat killers pull the same crap.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
^ I see what you're saying, but a lot of the racial tensions of today are greatly exacerbated by the media. Race issues get people worked up and it gets people watching/reading/clicking. It's awful that the media resorts to race-baiting to get views, but it does it anyway. You see it on less 'serious' networks like ESPN, all the way through to major news networks like CNN and Fox News. It's an epidemic of sorts, and needs to stop.

As for this incident in particular, yeah this guy was apparently a racist. Racism still exists and always will. But this guy was an extremist about it. Plenty of people go through their life not liking a particular [insert race, class, nationality, orientation, type of barbecue lover here], but they keep it to themselves. They don't friggin shoot up a church. I don't think racism is the issue here. Sure, the crime was probably racially-motivated, but I think the issue is this dude being a sociopath. But maybe I'm just being naïve.

I never ever bitched to any mods and wanted any board shut down. LOL just the opposite, as it was others who always bitched about me to mods. And btw, the kid bought the gun at a Charleston gun store. That is common knowledge, little fella.

I'm getting a bit pissed at these media heads who are dragging the freaking Civil War back into this. Jon Stewart called the streets being named after Confederate Generals as being "Racial Wallpaper." I think the flags belong in museums, not on the state house grounds. The stone memorials to the fallen soldiers are fine. I don't think street names are creating more racists. I would bet that 99% of people under the age of 21 have no idea who Wade Hampton, JEB Stuart, or P.G.T. Beauregard even are. They MIGHT know who Robert E. Lee was, and maybe Abraham Lincoln. I'm sure none have any idea of W.T. Sherman or Ulysses S. Grant. Funny how the losers have more legacy.

What kills me is why even mention the civil war. Sure slavery was a bad thing, but both the north and the south partook. That war was over many issues and just happens it was slavery that rose to the top.
This has nothing to do with that. Just a punk looki

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT