ADVERTISEMENT

What movies do you refuse to watch (and why)?

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
I was about 9 or 10 when The Exorcist was released, and I've never watched it and never will. I was too young then but don't care for devil-possession movies and refuse to watch them.

Also, I ain't ever watching brokeback mountain because well .... I'm a dude!

Halloween movies, Nightmare on Elm Street movies, slasher flicks, and romantic comedies are all on my list to never watch. And all those Twilight flicks.

And any Ron Burgundy movies.

Last edited:
I watched one of the Twilight movies just to see what all the fuss was about. After watching it, I still don't know.

I don't think there are any movies I refuse to watch, although I generally steer away from chick flicks. It depends on the movie, though. For example, my wife and I recently watched "Wild," the film starring Reese Witherspoon about the woman who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. Really enjoyed it. As a rule, I'm okay with chick flicks as long as there's good character development or a compelling plot. The ones I don't like are the overly dramatic love stories.

So get this. My wife has never seen and refuses to watch any of the Star Wars movies. At first it wasn't a big deal, but now everyone gives her such a hard time about it I think she continues to resist out of spite. Almost like me not being on Facebook. I'm determined to break her.

RH - I work with a dude that's pretty much a big NERD, but he's never watched any of the Star Wars movies either... very odd, IMO. You don't need to be a nerd to enjoy those, but now I think he refuses to watch them out of spite as well.

I don't refuse to watch Tom Cruise movies, but I do try to avoid them like the plague. pretty much sick of that dude; he plays basically the same arrogant d-bag character in every movie.

Same thing with Adam Sandler movies... his schtick is played out.

Last edited:
Anything produced by Michael Moore. I wish failure on him.
I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 in the theater. I was interested to hear what he had to say. Meh. It was okay, but a little too "tin foil hat" to be convincing. But when the lights came on and the theater patrons stood to leave, some crazy woman started screaming, "George Bush is a tyrant! Get him out of office! Everyone go vote in November!" and a bunch of other anti-Bush nonsense. Made me want to punch her in the throat.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
I don't think there is any movie I refuse to watch. I loved some of the ones listed here, like The Exorcist and some of the horror stuff. I won't watch one if I think it will suck but I have no reasons for refusing to watch something. As much as I'm a fan of horror, I find all the torture movies to be terrible. Hostel and crap like that are just garbage IMO. There is no real substance or anything but just excuses to show weird ways to mutilate people, which I find stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT