ADVERTISEMENT

What NFL experts are saying about Mitch

pff is outstanding and several agents and scouts contribute there...i read a lot of what they produce.

however, don't necessarily believe cleveland will even take a qb...they have needs everywhere, there's more value in trading down for them this year.

Plenty of other teams need a QB,Jets,49'ers,Bears,but I'm sure being that Mitch is from Ohio that he wouldn't mind playing in Cleveland.

I'm sure being that Mitch is from Ohio that he wouldn't mind playing in Cleveland.
I think everyone would mind playing in Cleveland. That place is a complete disaster. There is no talent and any QB who goes there right now will fail. Until they can get a solid line and some playmakers at WR and RB, there won't be a QB that can succeed with them. I agree with @gteeitup about them trading down because of there needs.

Reactions: ethanga62890
I think everyone would mind playing in Cleveland. That place is a complete disaster. There is no talent and any QB who goes there right now will fail. Until they can get a solid line and some playmakers at WR and RB, there won't be a QB that can succeed with them. I agree with @gteeitup about them trading down because of there needs.

Browns fan here - took the paper bag off my head long enough to say i'd be happy to see Mitch (or Watson) on the Browns, if we didn't have to spend the first pick in the draft on him (we have Philly's pick too, and that is morphing into a top half of the round pick). The line is a big issue. Need one more good guy aside from Thomas at least. WR is less of an issue IMO - Coleman looks good, Pryor is good, and Barnage is pretty good at tight end. Isaiah Crowell is a serviceable back if he could get some blocking. We'll see how it shakes out.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that this team has 5 underclassmen considering going pro, especially 3 on defense.

Reactions: Archer2
I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that this team has 5 underclassmen considering going pro, especially 3 on defense.
LB play wrecked our defense and our season to be brutally honest.

UGA loss: the long TD pass that turned the tide --> Holcomb matched up on the receiver

Duke loss: LBs couldn't tackle Duke's QB on designed runs and scrambles

State loss: Dayes is still breaking tackles

Reactions: Raising Heel
Agree the LB play hurt us this year but think the DL play didn't help the LBs. Seemed like the LBs were so far from the line of scrimmage they couldn't be effective until the other team had picked up atleast 5 yards. Even on third and goal from the one our LBs were 5 yards deep in the endzone.

Reactions: Archer2
Agree the LB play hurt us this year but think the DL play didn't help the LBs. Seemed like the LBs were so far from the line of scrimmage they couldn't be effective until the other team had picked up atleast 5 yards. Even on third and goal from the one our LBs were 5 yards deep in the endzone.
DL play wasn't stellar by any means, but aside from the UGA game, the DL play was average to "good," depending on the opponent.

The LB play was consistently terrible in pass defense and only slightly less terrible in run defense. If I were to guess, it probably crippled Chizik's ability to dial up anything exotic The backers couldn't cover anything in the flat, nor did they possess the speed to close down runners on run plays outside the tackles. It was truly a mess at both OLB spots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT