ADVERTISEMENT

What was your favorite western on TV

Gunsmoke was one of my all-time favorites.

I watched almost every episode of 'The Wild, Wild West' . . . thought it to be a very cool TV show.

'Laredo' is another, that show came on when I was about 12 yrs. old or so and I just loved watching it.

A couple years before that, I'd race home from school to make sure I caught 'Rawhide'.

Bonanza on Sunday nights was another can't miss show for me.

Last edited:
As kids, my brothers and I never missed Rawhide, Cheyenne, Maverick, Colt 45, Bronco Lane, Wyatt Earp, The Lone Ranger. Man, I'm old. Recently, Deadwood was great. And, though it may not technically be a western, Justified has had the feel of one.

Reactions: heelz2345
I liked Maverick and Bonanza.
Maverick because of James Garner
Bonanza because it was one of the very few TV programs broadcast in "living color."
When we heard this intro we knew it was about to come on

Seen em all and the best and most entertaining was ..... The Wild Wild West starring Robert Conrad

There are three for me, but only one is probably a 100% true "Western" and that's Deadwood. Just a fantastic show with an all-time great cast. The others are sort of modern/unique takes on the western, and those would be Justified and Firefly. Raylan Givens is as much of a cowboy as you could want, and even though Justified is present day, I still very much think of it as a western. Firefly is a "space western" and if you haven't seen it (which I imagine is the case, since it was cancelled after one season), I recommend checking it out. Very well written and acted, just a lot of fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT