ADVERTISEMENT

What's the word on Stetson?

This will not be a cakewalk just because they are from a non power 5 conference... They have a true ace who I would imagine we see in Game 1 and they have a lineup that can hit

Edit: He was just taken 14th overall in MLB Draft

Last edited:
I went to the Stetson Regional in Deland Friday night. They have very good pitching. We have our hands full.
Absolutely true. The Hatters are no fluke from a small time league.

I hope the Tennessee Tech win over Ole Miss helps get this team to prepare for Stetson the way they would for a Super versus any SEC powerhouse.

Reactions: Louigi
From D1Baseball.com's Stetson page:

Overall Record: 45-11 (15-3 Atlantic Sun)
Breakdown: 29-3 (Home), 12-8 (Road), 4-0 (Neutral)

Rankings:
RPI: #4
Non-Conf. RPI: #14
SOS: #48
Non-Conf. SOS: #40

Record vs. RPI:
1-25: 6-2
26-50: 2-1
51-100: 5-1
101-200: 30-7
201+: 2-0

From D1Baseball.com's North Carolina page:

Overall Record: 41-18 (22-8 ACC)
Breakdown: 23-6 (Home), 12-10 (Road), 3-2 (Neutral)

Rankings:
RPI: #8
Non-Conf. RPI: #26
SOS: #6
Non-Conf. SOS: #15

Record vs. RPI:
1-25: 9-11
26-50: 1-1
51-100: 12-4
101-200: 13-2
201+: 3-0

They are a solid team,if heels get by this team they have a great shot in Omaha.I hope to heck I'm wrong but I just don't see our pitching taking care of business.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Thanks to all of the posters. Looks like they are scary good

Anyone have information of them?
No. 6 UNC Baseball To Host NCAA Super Regional, Opens Play At 11 A.M. Friday
The No. 6 North Carolina Tar Heels will host No. 11 Stetson Hatters this weekend in Chapel Hill in the NCAA Super Regional starting on Friday, June 8, at Boshamer Stadium. UNC's first game against Stetson will begin at 11 a.m. Friday with the other two games slated for noon starts on Saturday and Sunday. Stetson, winners of 18 straight, went 3-0 in the DeLand Regional. (GoHeels.com)

Reactions: osjr

Not good, to say the least. Can our bats overcome a mediocre pitching staff? Can our pitching staff step up their games? Let’s hope so on both counts.
9-11 isn't great, but we are also 23-6 at home, which includes a 16 game win streak. And that mediocre pitching staff managed to finish 35th in the nation without their ace for almost the whole year.

9-11 isn't great, but we are also 23-6 at home, which includes a 16 game win streak. And that mediocre pitching staff managed to finish 35th in the nation without their ace for almost the whole year.
We have a very good record at home, agreed. And we’re hosting the SR, which helps. But if we’re to advance and make any noise in the CWS, our pitching has got to be better.

Stetson is a red hot team with a very good pitching staff. They’ve won 18 in a row and out scored their opponents 29-7 to win their regional 3-0. They scare me.

our pitching has got to be better.
It will be now that we have our #1 starter back.

They’ve won 18 in a row
That's no doubt impressive, but it's not like they've been playing a bunch of world killers either.

out scored their opponents 29-7 to win their regional 3-0
We outscored our opponents 34-14 to win 3-0.

They scare me.
No need to be scared. We shouldn't overlook them, but we've got a good team and a coach who has been there before. Have a little faith. Actually, maybe just keep worrying. There's been a lot of that going on in our fan base this year and it's seemed to work out well so far. ;)

From D1Baseball.com's North Carolina page:

Overall Record: 41-18 (22-8 ACC)
Breakdown: 23-6 (Home), 12-10 (Road), 3-2 (Neutral)

Rankings:
RPI: #8
Non-Conf. RPI: #26
SOS: #6
Non-Conf. SOS: #15

Record vs. RPI:
26-50: 1-1
51-100: 12-4
101-200: 13-2
201+: 3-0
Stetson schedule:Results(UNC will be the best team that Stetson has faced all season)
https://gohatters.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=182

The team is playing well right now. Baseball being baseball, that could reverse tomorrow. But it is also possible that we improve from last week.

And I think we must be at least a bit better to take out Stetson and get back to Omaha.

I honestly don't see why people are that worried about Stetson. Looking over their schedule, they played significantly worse competition and the top team they played beat them 2-1 in relatively lopsided games.

I honestly don't see why people are that worried about Stetson. Looking over their schedule, they played significantly worse competition and the top team they played beat them 2-1 in relatively lopsided games.
You don't make it to a Super Regional by accident. Stetson has a ton of talent.

Doesn't make them a stronger team. They weren't a national seed for a reason.
They have the #1 pitching team in the nation. I mean, what else do you want? The Diamond Heels are playing out of their minds in this series so far and making Stetson look not very good so far.

At one point today, we were 7 for 10 at the plate with RISP. That's stupid and doesn't usually happen in baseball lol. The Heels are on their A game right now.

They have the #1 pitching team in the nation. I mean, what else do you want? The Diamond Heels are playing out of their minds in this series so far and making Stetson look not very good so far.

At one point today, we were 7 for 10 at the plate with RISP. That's stupid and doesn't usually happen in baseball lol. The Heels are on their A game right now.
Their pitchers aren't used to seeing a line up like this. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. They have a good staff, but they aren't used to this level of play.

Their pitchers aren't used to seeing a line up like this. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. They have a good staff, but they aren't used to this level of play.
Of course. And part of that is their schedule, dictated by the conference they play in. But jericho is over here trying to spin that Stetson is some type of trash team that we should expect to sweep 11-0 and 12-1, when that's not the case.

And even though they play in a mid-major conference, it doesn't change the fact that the Mariners deemed Gilbert worthy of a 1st round draft pick. They ain't nothin lol.

Number 1 pitching when you play nobody doesn't mean much. It is like having the number 1 D and never playing a top offense.

And, yes, I did expect a relatively easy win in this series based on what I saw from their schedule results.

Not that Stetson couldn't win, but that it would have been a major upset if we hadn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT