ADVERTISEMENT

What's Your Most Anticipated Movie of the Summer?

What's Your Most Anticipated Movie of the Summer?

• Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1)

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Mad Max: Fury Road (May 15)

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Tomorrowland (May 22)

• Jurassic World (June 12)

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Terminator: Genisys (July 1)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ant-Man (July 17)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mission: Impossible-Rogue Nation (July 31)

• Fantastic Four (August 7)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • None of these movies look good

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters

heelz2345

Hall of Famer
Mar 4, 2008
Since the summer movie season started this week with Avengers: Age of Ultron, I figured I'd ask you guys what movie you are most looking forward to this summer. Maybe I'm the only one excited, but I think there are going to be a lot of solid ones out there!

I went with Jurassic World. Like most I'm fasinated by dinosaurs and love how technology/cinematography make them appear so life-like and so real. I keep imagining that one day this could really happen - where some team of scientist start cloning raptors from fossilized prehistoric DNA. Ya know, just to see if man would remain at the top of the food chain.

I'm really excited for Jurassic World. Behind Avengers, It's my most anticipated of the summer. I think Chris Pratt is gonna be great (as he usually is), but man, this just makes sense for a sequel to Jurassic Park. It raises the stakes because there are actual PEOPLE at the park! The dinosaurs look great, and I just think this movie is gonna be really awesome. So that's a very solid pick, my friend!

I'm not really fired up about any of these movies. Of those that you listed, I will probably see Avengers and Jurassic, unless something better to do comes along on the day I am thinking of going.

It's pretty rare that I get excited for a movie release. Even worse, I'm a little disappointed that Hollywood keeps recycling the same franchises umpteen years after the last installation (Mad Max, Jurassic, Terminator). That's not to say I wouldn't watch and enjoy those movies. Just...meh.

I've already seen Avengers and it was as enjoyable as the first one. They keep the plot simple and there's great pacing and action throughout. I'm not a comic-book guy so Ant-Man and (another) Final Four don't hold much interest for me.

I'd actually never seen any of the Mission Impossible movies, so I watched the first two on Netflix on Sunday. Won't hijack the thread but wow, they couldn't have been more different.

Anyway, Tomorrowland looks like something interesting and different so it got my vote.

Yeah I think Tomorrowland will be pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of the director Brad Bird. He did The Iron Giant, The Incredibles and Mission Impossible 4, and I think that he generally does solid work. I agree that it's different, and I'm usually willing to give anything that is new or different a try.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT