ADVERTISEMENT

When did you join?

Heel Gyeah

Hall of Famer
Feb 14, 2003
2/14/03 - Sean May's foot was broken earlier and UNC's record was not the best through the 1st half of the ACC then.

Reactions: Raising Heel
2/14/03 - Sean May's foot was broken earlier and UNC's record was not the best through the 1st half of the ACC then.

Okay, tell the truth here . . . It was Valentine's Day, 2003 and you were lonely, and looking for some companionship . . . fess it up.

Last edited:
Same season. The Doherty experiment was killing me and I found the board the night of the Maryland massacre and started posting.

JV Allstar promptly told me I was a fair weather fan.

Does that guy ever post anymore on premium? He's a long running joke on the Villanova board.

10/27/2003

I was a senior in high school bored enough in class to introduce the UNC faithful to coolwaterunc, talk about sports and see how many people miss Crystal Pepsi like I do, which turned out to be zero. Nearly 12 years later, I'm the same guy except my hairline is starting to recede already, and I don't think I've matured any considering my avatar is a picture of Toucan Sam holding a bottle of Crystal Pepsi.

It says right here.

ArrowRedLinks.gif

I was sitting at my desk in the engineering lab i was working in at the time. It was the middle of summer and the board as well as the job was boring. I said why not, that was also the first year i got season tickets. July 2004.

The date in my profile is misleading. I originally joined shortly after moving from Tacoma, WA to Knoxville, TN (in 2002) with the user name TNTarHeel94. After several years of posting under that name, I took a break and spent about a year away from the boards. When I came back my entire profile had reset to zero...join date, post count, etc. I couldn't even log in, so I created this profile.

At some point the old one started working again, but I didn't want anything associated with Tennessee in my user name (what was I thinking?) so I've pretty much abandoned it. It does come in handy, though, for trolling other boards and for skewing polls (as do my numerous fake profiles). Uh, never mind.

I came over from the old radar. Joined there the night of the 2005 championship.

I came over from the old radar. Joined there the night of the 2005 championship.
Now that I've seen a couple mentions of it, I'm pretty sure I was on Radar, too. My first foray into message boards happened when I was still living on the west coast, because I was looking for sources of UNC sports info because I lived so far away. Had forgotten about that migration. Man, my memory is so awful.

Nov 21, 2006

I had to go back and look it up, but it was a few days after we beat the wolpfack during (THANKFULLY) Bunting's last season. Plus, Psycho T's sophomore season was just getting underway.

I've had several different handles over the years, but I was a member of the old Carolina Blue website for a long time before I started posting on their message boards in the late 1990's-early 2000s - Senior Heel, CWO Heel, etc. Had to cancel my account several times when I went on long deployments overseas knowing the service wouldn't be used at all while I was gone...

The date they show here is wrong for sure. I remember being actively involved in debates running up to the Iraq invasion in March 2003.

It was a diff site when i joined, def before 2005 cause i was desp to share inside info about doherty i had learned from my ex roomie who at the time worked in the AD. He told me doherty had been told to quit or get fired. Noone believed me though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT