ADVERTISEMENT

Where would you rank Sheed,Stack and Mcginnis as a trio...

Its McInnis . . and for myself, its just so hard to rank trios, but, some of the better ones I can think of off the top of my head (NOTE: I know I'll be leaving some out) . .

As far as pure talent, I'd have to go with Jordan/Worthy/Perkins as my all-time top threesome.

Some other notable trios in no particular order are :

Lawson/Ellington/Hansbrough

Felton/McCants/May

Phelps/Lynch/Montross

Karl/Wuycik/McAdoo

Ford/Davis/Kupchak

Marshall/Barnes/Zeller

It's been within the last 2-3 years that I created a thread where I structured a little 3 on 3 tournament based on votes from the board. I don't remember the results, but I'm almost certain that the Stack, Sheed and McInnis trio was either the #1 seed or the #2 seed. I think the others were as follows:

Lawson, Ellington, and Hansbrough (Team '09)
Cota, Carter and Jamison (Team '98)
Jordan, Worthy and Perkins (Team '82)
Felton, McCants and May (Team '05)
Marshall, Barnes and Zeller (Team '12)

Billy's list obviously goes back further than mine but for the sake of the majority of the board's posters, I tried to keep it a bit more recent (I doubt more than 20% of our posters watched Phil Ford play). If I were to create a bracket again, I'd have it seeded like this:

#1 - Team '82
Bye

#5 - Team '09
vs.
#4 - Team '05

#3 - Team '98
vs.
#6 - Team '12

#2 - Team '95
Bye

I see the first round going chalk (except in that #4 vs. #5 match up you never know - with Hansbrough anything is possible). That leaves 2 epic games.

#1 - Team '82
vs.
#4 - Team '05

#3 - Team '98
vs.
#2 - Team '95

Team '82 wins the first game (although it's not real fair because McCants has no chance against James Worthy and teams should for this tournament should really consist of a PG, a wing and a big man, but whatever).and then in the second, flip a coin. Personally, I like Team '95 just a smidge better than Team '98 with Sheed's size just too much for Jamison.

In the final, again, because Team '82 has two bigs, they'd win. But it would interesting if Team '09 beat Team '05 in that first round match up. Team '82 having 2 bigs would work against them. No chance Jordan, as great as he was, could match up with Lawson.

Thank you. I knew I was going to miss a couple . . and this trio may have been our most exciting threesome on court. My Lord, these guys could put on a show . . !
I always hated this bunch the most as a Duke fan. Duke had incredible talent but Jamison was unstoppable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT