ADVERTISEMENT

Who did better in the Debate?

Curious that Clinton's maternity leave plan came after Trump put his forth. And if you think any of her corporate bosses will let her implement that plan, then you probably also think that Hillary wiped her server with a cloth and that's why all of those emails disappeared.

As far as cutting taxes to all social classes which pay taxes, that would be Trump's plan. And that by reducing the corporate tax, all of that money sitting offshore will come back to the US and much will be invested, resulting in more jobs for everyone. Over 90 million Americans don't have a job and want a job. That's what Obama's policies have given us and Hillary will do nothing but more of the same.

Although I hear supplies of government jobs are growing. Maybe I should get one of those.
I actually bothered to answer your question by trying to discuss policy proposals and these talking points are what I get in return? Should have known better. Back to RPT for me.

giphy.gif

Reactions: tarheel0910
I actually bothered to answer your question by trying to discuss policy proposals and these talking points are what I get in return? Should have known better. Back to RPT for me.

I'm sorry I failed to meet your exacting standards for policy discussion. Here, let me try again.

Trump's Maternity Leave Plan costs half as much as Hillary's. Yet you are worried about budget deficits. How do you reconcile paying twice as much? Do moms really need 12 weeks paid leave or does 6 do the trick, especially in times of budget concerns? And if the answer is 12, then why not 18 weeks? Or 24 weeks?

Also, should employees get 12 weeks paid leave for any family health related reason? Or should it only be for maternity leave?

How do you feel about DCSAs? (Dependant Care Spending Accounts) Is this a good way to provide tax relief or do you think there are better ways?

Not what he should be doing - which is running for president. He coulda run on his own since he's not a democrat anyways.

To what end? To put Trump in the WH? Sanders wouldn't win a single state with the possible - and highly unlikely - exception of Vermont. He would siphon votes from Clinton like Nader did from Gore. So Sanders runs to hand the election to Trump? Sanders isn't that dumb.

To what end? To put Trump in the WH? Sanders wouldn't win a single state with the possible - and highly unlikely - exception of Vermont. He would siphon votes from Clinton like Nader did from Gore. So Sanders runs to hand the election to Trump? Sanders isn't that dumb.

And he needed a new lake house.

That'd be sweet revenge for getting jobbed out of the nomination - but it's possible Sanders isn't that vengeful.

I'm sorry I failed to meet your exacting standards for policy discussion. Here, let me try again.

Trump's Maternity Leave Plan costs half as much as Hillary's. Yet you are worried about budget deficits. How do you reconcile paying twice as much? Do moms really need 12 weeks paid leave or does 6 do the trick, especially in times of budget concerns? And if the answer is 12, then why not 18 weeks? Or 24 weeks?

Also, should employees get 12 weeks paid leave for any family health related reason? Or should it only be for maternity leave?

How do you feel about DCSAs? (Dependant Care Spending Accounts) Is this a good way to provide tax relief or do you think there are better ways?
How do you reconcile Trump's overall plan having a significantly greater negative impact on the deficit than Clinton's?

How long is long enough for a mother to take care of her baby after it's born? Twelve weeks is generally the standard in the U.S., at least for those who have enough paid leave saved up to cover it, or who can afford to go unpaid. Every other developed nation in the world gets more, and generally it's paid. So if we're going to talk about having paid maternity leave 12 weeks is as good a place as any to start. There's no way my wife could have gone back to work six weeks after her c-section delivery. I believe it was eight weeks she was told not to lift anything heavier than the baby, if that tells you anything about the recovery time.

Pre-tax flexible spending accounts are great for what they are, if you can plan ahead and if it's possible to have a pretty good idea of your actual costs. We currently use them for health care and child care. There are a lot of hoops to jump through and it would be very easy to get screwed. I would imagine it's very difficult for the low-income families who need this help the most to utilize them properly. Used properly, they provide some tax relief by reducing your taxable income but that's not the same thing as covering paid leave or getting an actual tax credit.

vDw0URg.png

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT