ADVERTISEMENT

Who has watched the Netflix series, Daredevil?

tarheelbybirth

Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2003
And what did you think? I enjoyed the heck out of it and I'm looking forward to the 2nd season. D'Onofrio is just incredible as Kingpin.

I watched the entire series (13 episodes) in three days. It was so good, I couldn't stop watching it. And now I have to wait an entire year for season two. I agree about D'Onofrio, the guy is an incredible actor, imo.

Last edited:
I watched it all the weekend it was released. I'm a fan of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, so I was looking forward to it, but even with fairly high expectations, I thought it was straight up awesome. Charlie Cox did such a good job as Daredevil, but Vincent D'Onofrio was straight up great as Kingpin. The show is on my shortlist for the best things that Marvel has made. Watching it, I was actually surprised at how they depicted violence, not because I couldn't handle it, but when this character is in the same world as Iron Man and Captain America, you expect the action to look similar to that, but man, they weren't afraid to really go for it in that regard. It would have fit in on HBO when it comes to that. Marvel has 4 other Netflix series that will come out over the next 3 years (AKA Jessica Jones later this year, Luke Cage and Iron Fist next year, and then The Defenders in 2017 which will combine the four characters) but I'm very glad they added a season 2 for Daredevil in there. I was very, very impressed with it.

If you haven't watched the show yet, watch this fight. If it doesn't impress you, then the show might not be for you, but if you enjoy it, you will absolutely love the show. If you have watched the show, watch this again anyway, cause it's great.

You guys are hard to keep up with.
Haha, I hear you man. Since I got my new job I have fallen way behind on my television watching. I made an exception for this show though, due to my comic fandom and desire to watch great television.

I saw this week where it had become Netflix's highest rated original show according to users, so that's something. I really thought it was very well done and I can't wait for more!

Loved it and love Netflix ! I have started watching another Netflix original called Between that has started pretty good.

I wrapped up season 1 over the weekend. Very good, and D'Onofrio was great (as he usually is - Law & Order, and Full Metal Jacket to name a couple of his great performances).

Wow. I've watched 10 episodes and this really is a fantastic show. D'Onofrio is awesome, and the rest of the acting is decent, but it's the writing that makes it so good IMO. Great storytelling and character development, plus a very compelling plot that raises a lot of interesting questions about right and wrong.

I'm pretty stingy with 5-star ratings on Netflix (because of how it skewed recommendations when I first joined) but this show is definitely getting 5 stars. Might finish the first season this weekend. When does season 2 come out?

When does season 2 come out?

Yeah, it's a great show. The second season is going to come out some time next spring, no official start date. When Marvel announced the Netflix series, they had announced Daredevil and Jessica Jones for this year, Luke Cage and Iron Fist for next year, and then The Defenders (which would combine all four) the following year. However, due to the response to Daredevil, they decided that they would need to do a 2nd season, so that will come out next year along with those other two series. They've started filming, and they've announced some new cast members as well. Jon Berenthal (Shane from the Walking Dead) will be joining the cast as the Punisher, so that's pretty exciting news. I was a very big fan of season 1, and I hope season 2 will be just as good.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT