ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the one player you wish had not gone to UNC? (On court reasoning)

tarheelbybirth posted on 4/17/2015...

Originally posted by Firefly1984:
Horrible thread and whoever said Matt Doherty is an absolute, asinine assh-ole idiot. Feel free to ban me if you wish for speaking the truth mods.
LOL...you should have seen the threads about some of these guys while they were here. And Matt shot himself in the foot when he took over. He alienated nearly everybody in his attempt for a fresh start. I'm pretty sure even he would admit that he handled things poorly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On court reasoning, as a player only. Has nothing to do Matt as a coach. Clearly whatever nimrod said Doherty has some underlying issues because Matt was a damn fine Tar Heel on the court.

Originally posted by Firefly1984:

On court reasoning, as a player only. Has nothing to do Matt as a coach. Clearly whatever nimrod said Doherty has some underlying issues because Matt was a damn fine Tar Heel on the court.
Ahhh...it was a joke. He was talking about former player Matt coming back as coach. I don't think anybody has a problem with him as a player.

So the OP changes his own rules and brings up Matt as coach. Got it. So he's as big of an idiot as the guy who said Doherty a few posts above.

Edit: I'm not sure there's many real Tar Heel fans in this thread. Some of the names I see, I mean really? God Da -mn great fanbase at times. Bunch of damn morons.
This post was edited on 4/17 3:42 PM by Firefly1984

Not really sure what ground the Henson and Wallace mentions have to stand on...

Current player: Nate Britt. Nice enough kid and everything, seems to have no off-court reasoning to be disliked, but c'mon, we would have been in the Elite Eight without his botched 2 minute stretch in the Wisconsin game (cue the "but, but, he played so well the game before!!!") ya the 5-5FTs against arkansas was nice, but 10 pts, 1 assist, 3 PF's in 23 minutes for a PG isn't exactly a game to hang your hat on. That and he's hampering our growth at the guard spots.

Past player: I guess I'll go wtih JMM. Again, purely an on-court thing, seems like a nice enough guy off the court. No necessarily his fault since he played out of position for a year, but watching him be the black hole of the offense was tough by the end of his time here. Plus I'd have to say that he prevented some other big-men recruits from coming here (fearing not getting PT).

Originally posted by Hark_The_Sound_2010:

I thought I explained my reasoning for Wallace pretty well. You can certainly disagree with it but the ground it stands on has been explained.

Originally posted by tarheelbybirth:

Originally posted by Hark_The_Sound_2010:

I thought I explained my reasoning for Wallace pretty well. You can certainly disagree with it but the ground it stands on has been explained.
Fair enough, I quickly scanned through the thread glancing at names but didnt see your couple follow up posts explaining. And you make a good argument - great player but not the best fit for the team his freshman year. '94 I was barely outta diapers so not really watching the Heels yet, I'll defer to the older, wiser, fans on this front
wink.r191677.gif

I didn't say Doherty anywhere, Firefly. If you want to insult people, at least take the time to figure out who you are insulting.

I actually think Doherty was a better coach than Guthridge. Guthridge started the decline of UNC basketball and got out before its effects were truly felt. Doherty brought in a top class responsible for a UNC championship.

He just wasn't good at keeping the team happy.

Also.. To be clearer. I was watching worst plays in ncaa / nba. And was watching Javale Mcgee (i think) bloopers and noticing how two boneheads basically handed us championships (timeout and passing to wrong team Worthy). And was wondering if we had anyone like that over time.

I specifically thought of someone who I didn't name (which if you pay attention you know who it is), but I wanted yo see if anyone else came to mind.

The Rasheed Wallace suggestion is interesting. Especially since he is a borderline nba hall of famer.

I wanted to see what you all think and see and discuss it as this is a discussion board.

Why people take so much offense to this topic yet rail on the coach and players every game is beyond me.

Well, we weren't handed 'ships. Both GT and Michigan were trailing us. Not to mention that Webber walked first (not called) and our excellent trapping D caused him to panic under pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT