ADVERTISEMENT

Will flying domestic ever not suck?

ticket2ride04

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 13, 2004
Flying domestic in this country is just the worst. Planes in the 50s had more space and flew faster routes than today.

Anyone fly much for work?

When I was a kid, flying on an airplane was like royal treatment. I felt so privileged. Now, it's like riding a Greyhound bus. It's dirty. It's such a f*cking hassle and everyone and their mother now flies. I loathe air travel now. Good thing I don't have to do it but a couple times a year.

I hate flying. I've flown four times, and they've all been traumatic. I'm terrified of heights to begin with, so I can't stand it. The worst part is when you first take off. The last time I was in one, I had a straight panic attack, and my heart was completely beating out of my chest and I couldn't catch my breath. I looked out the window as we were taking off, and I almost blacked out. I'm never doing it again. Ever.

International flights suck just as bad.....
Nah. At least the planes are bigger and a little more space. The Asian and Middle Eastern carriers >>>>>> European >>>>>>>> American >>>>>> South American

Nah. At least the planes are bigger and a little more space. The Asian and Middle Eastern carriers >>>>>> European >>>>>>>> American >>>>>> South American
Try flying United
The planes are bigger but little more space.

I hate flying. I've flown four times, and they've all been traumatic. I'm terrified of heights to begin with, so I can't stand it. The worst part is when you first take off. The last time I was in one, I had a straight panic attack, and my heart was completely beating out of my chest and I couldn't catch my breath. I looked out the window as we were taking off, and I almost blacked out. I'm never doing it again. Ever.
Is this coolwater?

i-aint-gettin-on-no-plane-fool.jpg

I've never been on a plane. Heck, I have an uncle with a runway, hanger, and plane down the road about two miles but still have never flown. There really isn't any reason either. Just never have.

How is this possible? What's the farthest you've every traveled from home? What's the farthest a friend or relative lives from you?

I live in Clarksville, Tennessee. The farthest I've ever been is probably Dallas. I've been to the gulf and east coast beaches a bunch. Then a bunch of places in the midwest. Most of my family lives close, many along the same road out here. I have friends who live in distant places I guess. I'm not visiting them. My wife's brother did move to Colorado so if we ever visit them I assume we will fly.

I've only flown twice in my life. Going to basic and coming home from ait. We don't travel long distance much. My wife has never flown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT