ADVERTISEMENT

Woody's Grill

ElizabethtownHeel

Hall of Famer
Oct 6, 2006
Woodies grill is located just south of White Lake, NC.
Years past a lot of truckers would stop by as it was a well known choke and puke ! I loved this old place as you got to know all the people involved in the operation. It was opened by Woody and his wife the angel , Ms. Peggy who has returned to heaven. Ms. Peggy treated us all like we were her children.
I can remember shooting ball at Turtle cove to 1:30 AM and then getting to the pay phone at Wam Squam or Scotchman and asking Ms. Peggy if she was still open. Ms Peggy would say I just cleaned the grill but if you boys tell me what you want I will have it ready when you get here.

The place had the best hamburger steak and I have never in 30 yrs found a place that has anything similar in quality. After Woody passed away Ms. Peggy and her daughter and grand daughter kept the place alive til 1994 or so. It was a place my dad hung out at when he was a teenager and I hung out. The building is still there and I think it has been opened and closed several times but it is not the same and never has captured that glory it once had. Any of you ever been there? Or White Lake?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT