ADVERTISEMENT

Would it be wrong????

Tru Blu Tar Heel

Hall of Famer
Sep 13, 2009
Would it be wrong if I pull for Oklahoma, Houston, and Ohio State. I know the ACC winning the majority of the bowls, I don't know if I can bring myself to pull for the two teams that leapfrogged Carolina and the team that just beat us.

I have no issue pulling against ACC teams. I hope Clemson gets their asses handed to them. When they lost to WVU a few years back? I was rejoicing! I love seeing that team lose. I can't stand Clemson.

Same with dook. I was pulling for Wisconsin in the Final Four. I couldn't care less about the ACC as a conference. When dook played Indiana last week, I was pulling for Indiana. I wanted Notre Dame to beat Clemson back in September.

I will pull for any team playing state and dook....Other than that I want Clemson to win the whole damn thing...The only time I pull against Clemson or FSU is when they play the Tar Heels...It will help the ACC if UNC,Clemson, and FSU all look good in their Bowl Games...We need 2 more teams to get on their level and UNC is close...I think the U with their hire could be coming back and I hope so...

I will pull for any team playing state and dook....Other than that I want Clemson to win the whole damn thing...The only time I pull against Clemson or FSU is when they play the Tar Heels...It will help the ACC if UNC,Clemson, and FSU all look good in their Bowl Games...We need 2 more teams to get on their level and UNC is close...I think the U with their hire could be coming back and I hope so...

If Richt can get Miami back up to respectability and Justin Fuente can get VaTech back to where they were 5 years ago, the ACC will be sitting pretty with FSU, Clemson, and Carolina at that level also.

I will be pulling for all ACC teams other than moo and dook. I will especially be pulling for FSU and Clemson in the higher tiered bowls the ACC needs it. Please don't cut off your nose despite your face.

Reactions: NENCHeel
I will be pulling for all ACC teams other than moo and dook. I will especially be pulling for FSU and Clemson in the higher tiered bowls the ACC needs it. Please don't cut off your nose despite your face.
I know, I know...and you're right. ACC winning the majority of their bowls helps everyone in the league. I'll get past my spiting, but not today!

I only want Clemson to win the whole thing so that (moral victory) I have the satisfaction of knowing we legitimately had a shot to knock off the National Champion.

I will gladly pull for Clemson. I'm old school and will always support OM (Original Members) over some schools that talk trash and think we should respect them for playing like thugs....and a couple of wannabe athletic programs named dook and mutt tech.

Reactions: Archer2
Correct.

Here is a simple fact: the best way for UNC football to start 2016 Top 10, or at least 15, is for Clemson to win the National Title.

Another: the better that ACC teams do in bowls. year after year, the more TV money we (UNC) get, and the more national exposure and respect we get (UNC) receive when we are good.

other than outside perception, don't know why the acc winning all their bowls is that important...i don't really care about the rest of the league anyway though, never have.

so, go heels and i hope everyone else gets curb stomped.

Reactions: strummingram
other than outside perception, don't know why the acc winning all their bowls is that important...i don't really care about the rest of the league anyway though, never have.

so, go heels and i hope everyone else gets curb stomped.
Positive perception leads to more people watching, and that leads directly to more money.

Our TV deals will go way up if: Clemson wins the National Title this year and ACC teams win 2/3rds of their bowls, and then next year we win the National championship and ACC teams win 2/3rds of their bowls.

OK, count me in as someone who may buck the trend here. I am pulling for Clemson to win it all. Sorry, I don't hate them like some of you and almost everyone I know who pulls for them are top notch folks.

I will pull for ALL ACC teams except for dook and moo. About the only scenario where I might consider pulling for either is if they were playing the ISIS All-Stars. Even then it would be tough.

It's not just Clemson winning that will help our ranking at the beginning of next year. Every team we beat that wins their bowl game is that much better for us. So for that reason I'd like to see all ACC teams win their bowl games. And, it might help shake the perception of the ACC as weak overall (particularly the Coastal), which I think definitely hurt us this year.

I have no issue pulling against ACC teams. I hope Clemson gets their asses handed to them. When they lost to WVU a few years back? I was rejoicing! I love seeing that team lose. I can't stand Clemson.

Same with dook. I was pulling for Wisconsin in the Final Four. I couldn't care less about the ACC as a conference. When dook played Indiana last week, I was pulling for Indiana. I wanted Notre Dame to beat Clemson back in September.
i'm with you for the most part. the only difference is i hate n.dame more than clemson, though i'm definitely not rooting for clemson after what the acc did to us to make sure clemson's in the playoffs. GO HEELS!!!! skrew the corrupt abc'ers in the acc.

Positive perception leads to more people watching, and that leads directly to more money.

Our TV deals will go way up if: Clemson wins the National Title this year and ACC teams win 2/3rds of their bowls, and then next year we win the National championship and ACC teams win 2/3rds of their bowls.
winning brings in better recruits for other schools which makes it harder for carolina to win.
more money from tv split 14 ways is money that only losers who don't contribute, like wf, would be happy about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT