ADVERTISEMENT

Wounded Warrior corruption

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
As someone who has donated as much as I could to this group over the last ten years, I am beyond outraged at these two individuals and what they have done. Typical corruption and stealing from the vets who really need the help.... Half the $$ to OVERHEAD!! parties, extravagant trips ....all the usual BS.

I got yet another mailer yesterday asking for $$. UNTIL this whole situation is cleared ,they are not getting one more dime from me and I urge anyone on this board to do likewise.

I have found an extremely GOOD vets charity that donates virtually ALL the $$ to wounded and traumatized vets...and helps dogs too!! It is called K9s for Warriors and they match rescue dogs with wounded and PTSD vets together to live together for therapy. Incredible group from Florida that is growing and needs your help. Send your $$ to THEM while WW gest its house in order. just Google K9s for warriors and their site will pop up

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wounded-warrior-project-ceo-and-coo-fired/

My Lord, that is so freaking sad . . just a few greedy pigs milking a cash cow for their own pleasures.

This has become the norm in way too many charities and non-profits. There should be some regulation passed that requires these organizations to publicly announce each year how much of their donation income is distributed to the actual cause, and how much is siphoned off for overhead and other BS. Maybe there already is regulation requiring that, but it doesn't exactly hit the headlines, so if it is already in place, ensure that the reports are well publicized.

I recall hearing about something along similar lines with the Red Cross. They had more blood than they knew what to do with, but were afraid if they halted blood drives, and told people not to give blood for awhile, that they would potentially turn people off from donating altogether - even down the line in the future. So they continued to ask for blood donations and ended up just throwing the blood out that was more than they could use.

Reactions: BillyL
Fukn people, man. What the hell is wrong with them?

All charities should be require to post quarterly financials and audited annual statements.

Reactions: BillyL
This has become the norm in way too many charities and non-profits. There should be some regulation passed that requires these organizations to publicly announce each year how much of their donation income is distributed to the actual cause, and how much is siphoned off for overhead and other BS. Maybe there already is regulation requiring that, but it doesn't exactly hit the headlines, so if it is already in place, ensure that the reports are well publicized.

I recall hearing about something along similar lines with the Red Cross. They had more blood than they knew what to do with, but were afraid if they halted blood drives, and told people not to give blood for awhile, that they would potentially turn people off from donating altogether - even down the line in the future. So they continued to ask for blood donations and ended up just throwing the blood out that was more than they could use.

All the info you would need is out there, but it's time consuming to calculate. This website is a good one to use. They do the work for you.

https://www.charitywatch.org/charitywatch-criteria-methodology

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT