ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Barnes out at Texas?

Wish one of them would get Seth!
cool.r191677.gif

I don't the Barnes firing/leaving is official, but my guess is it soon will be. Texas will go after Gregg Marshall

Tennesse fired Donnie Tyndall. Bruce Pearl to Auburn has a played a key role in 3 SEC coaches fired this year.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
I don't the Barnes firing/leaving is official, but my guess is it soon will be. Texas will go after Gregg Marshall

Tennesse fired Donnie Tyndall. Bruce Pearl to Auburn has a played a key role in 3 SEC coaches fired this year.
True dat... and bama's not gonna like that the competition just got a lot hotter for the next big hire.
Let the musical chairs begin.
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by gary-7:

True dat... and bama's not gonna like that the competition just got a lot hotter for the next big hire.
smokin.r191677.gif
And Miss St already hired Bne Howland. Howland did a great job at Pitt and then took UCLA to 3 FFs.

SEC coaching is headed up in quality. ACC ADs better get ready to play catrch up.

If I were a fan of Wichita State, Dayton, Louisana Tech, VCU, Northern Iowa, Buffalo or Rhode Island, I would be a little nervous about my Head Basketball Coach right about now...lol!

smokin.r191677.gif
And Miss St already hired Bne Howland. Howland did a great job at Pitt and then took UCLA to 3 FFs.

SEC coaching is headed up in quality. ACC ADs better get ready to play catrch up.
ACC playing catch up to SEC coaching in bball? Not hardly.

Originally posted by dgheel57:

smokin.r191677.gif

ACC playing catch up to SEC coaching in bball? Not hardly.
Within a few years, Roy, Rat-Face, Pitino, and Boeheim will retire. Considering what we have seen of ADs in recent years, how certain are you that each of them will be replaced by a top coach?

Brey's career says this year is the anomaly.

Bennett seems well placed, but I have my doubts that he will eveer have back to back Final Four teams or become a Hall of Famer.

Gottfried is the best at Moo since Valvano, but his career says another Elite 8 and maybe 1 FF is all he can ever manage.

Dixon could be over the hill at Pitt - not in age, but in what he can accomplish there. And he has never made the FF.

Miami is little better than a dead end basketball job, so Larranaga is unlikely to top what he has done.

Hamilton is an up and down aging coach at a school with a mid-tier basketball ceiling.

Gregory is a dud at GT - and the area is super rich in basketball talent.

Brownell has only 2 post season teams in 5 years at Clemson - while SoCar has been middling or worse.

Manning showed little at Tulsa, which means that the odds are that he will not take Wake to any of its previous heights.

In 13 years as HC, Jim Christian has 0 NCAA Ws and only 2 appearances.

Buzz Williams could be the best coach VT has ever had, and that could mean little or nothing to the ACC remaining at the top of college basketball.

ACC basketball is not in great shape for the future with its coaches.

Report that Tennessee is in talks with Butler coach Chris Holtmann.

SEC ADs are now playing Big Money hardball when it comes to basketball coaches.

ACC basketball is not in great shape for the future with its coaches.
So you have looked into your crystal ball and decided none of the HOF coaches will be replaced by anybody worth a dern?

And just how many years will that be before they ALL retire?

Enlighten us.

But this is the kind of job the Wichita State coach doesn't turn down.

So, Marshall to Texas is a given?

Seems a lock at this point that Barnes is going to Tennessee. Reports say they have offered and are negotiating terms. Apparently Alabama is breaking the bank for Marshall. That leaves Smart as the front runner at Texas I would imagine though some reports say the AD is interested on a couple NBA guys. Brad Stevens maybe?

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

Barnes possibly to Rocky Top and Tex after Shaka Smart.
Think TX may be using Shaka as a pawn to get Marshall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT