ADVERTISEMENT

WRAL Strikes Again...

ChapelHeeled

All-American
Nov 9, 2011
Opened their 6 o'clock newscast by basically stating that this ( current SACS issue) was/could be worse than what had already happened at UNC. This was after a couple of other stories aired. By 6:04 PM WRAL was pointing out all of the negatives that UNC could encounter and all of the wrongs that they at WRAL saw fit to report (all of the above is my opinion). I just love such a positive outlook. Additionally they will tell any and/or all of those who may be watching later tonight what our worse case scenario could be (at 11 pm, I would suppose). They can not wait to paint UNC with a black brush in my opinion.

At ABC -11 they did report the story as well. HOWEVER, ABC-11 told what UNC could do to make certain that all is well 12 months from now. They also had words from a SACS spokesperson who basically stated that UNC was doing well at this time. ABC-11 reported this story from a positive angle (IMO). On the other hand WRAL reported this story from a negative angle and their newscast ended in part by showing several different video bites with the UNC problem highlighted in several. At 11 PM I would suppose that the negativity will continue as they tell their viewing audience what could be ahead for UNC. Then again I am really starting to see what the WRAL role is in this entire situation, in my view. Finally, I ask myself what more would I expect from Capital Broadcasting? My answer is becoming much more clear with each passing day...

PS- The above is entirely my opinion and my opinion alone...

Last edited:
Reactions: saltee123
So one channel caters to Sheep fondlers and one has some self-respect?

WRAL and the N&O are all in and can't pull back now. My question to you is why bother watching or reading? You already know what they are going to say.

Could not expect anything less from WRAL A bunch of STATE AND DUKE homers. NOW old Roy needs to make up ground on recruiting trail.all i can say all the ABCERS out there had better hang on too their jock strapes.....GREAT DAY 4 OUR HEELS.All through this was not good with all these violation. We have made amends.Now the moving forward part will be outstandiing....GO MY BELOVED TAR HEELS

Could not expect anything less from WRAL A bunch of STATE AND DUKE homers. NOW old Roy needs to make up ground on recruiting trail.all i can say all the ABCERS out there had better hang on too their jock strapes.....GREAT DAY 4 OUR HEELS.All through this was not good with all these violation. We have made amends.Now the moving forward part will be outstandiing....GO MY BELOVED TAR HEELS

WRAL also interviewed Mary Willingham to get her take concerning what actually happened today. All that I will say concerning that interview is that they obviously went with someone who would indeed stick it to UNC before the interview was over (imo). For those of you that absolutely believe that we totally won today, please remember that the local media will now most probably go after UNC unfairly hard, in the next 12 months (All imo)...

What pray tell could sweet, entirely homely Mary have to offer...anyone...at this late date?
I guessm WRAL wins the "stooping" contest, they've gone about as low as ya can go...:rolleyes:

Reactions: saltee123
What pray tell could sweet, entirely homely Mary have to offer...anyone...at this late date?
I guessm WRAL wins the "stooping" contest, they've gone about as low as ya can go...:rolleyes:
Tom, you are 100% correct.

Any news media that seeks the opinion of Jay Smith or Mary Willingham (who hasn't worked at UNC for over a year) has an obvious agenda.

And yet you suckers keep clicking the links.

You may have noticed ChapelHeeled's post mentioned two stories which were reported on his local television. There is no link in ChapelHeeled's post.
I know I do not read the N&O or watch television in the Raleigh area as I am in another geographic local...
As to Troll's post I don't read the Post.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT