ADVERTISEMENT

Wuff wuff...LOL

DSouthr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
Wuffies, up on Syracuse by 16 with about 8mins left, Cuse gets it to OT and then takes the wuffies by 7 at the den of the wuffies! Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory wuffies, your home fans enjoyed that sooooooooo much! LOL

Betcha Heelbent is ear to ear smiling this morning!

State was 11 for 20 at the FT line . . 'Cuse were 21 of 23.

Krazy game to watch.

I just checked the box score.

Syracuse's Gillon scored 43 points on 13 FG attempts.

How awesome is that!

He was 10-13 from the field - and 9 of the makes were beyond the arc. Plus he was 14-14 from the line.

Sounds like a highlight reel.

Did they think to stop fouling him?
I left the pups and the game at the 16 pts up spot...amazing.

It's been obvious for years that Gottfired is a few pay levels over his head in the ACC. Any halfway intelligent basketball fans can look at the product and see the results.

However this year his shortcomings are so blatantly obvious that even the muttpackers can see thru his act.....and that my friends is intensely hilarious. :)

The problem with Gotfired is he can recruit talent but he caters way to much to his star at the cost of his other players. Cat last season dominated the ball, DSJ dominates it now. But Abu and Anja IMO have regressed? My theme for the day, maybe for the week has been about scoring balance. spreading the wealth around, having all 5 players involved and on the same page on both ends. The wuffs are an example of what you get when you ignore that.

BTW, 3 seconds or less on the clock and up by 3, most coaches agree, you have to foul in that situation. They are going to try to make 1 and miss second and pray for a rebound and the odds of that happening before the shot clock expires are real close to zero. But the odds of a guy catching the ball with his momentum moving him forward and hitting a long trey is much greater than it may seem, happens all the time. Recall last seasons natty...ouch...

Last edited:
DES absolutely hated to give away points, but sometimes it is the best % play! Sometimes Gotti freezes up in tense situations. He's called TOs he didn't have, forgotten to call those he does, and last night did nothing while the game slipped away! This is another trait great coaches must have; the calm during the storm!

This will make you guys LOL. Don't want to post the link because it's a little salty and this is a family site. Just Google "No teams shoots Deadspin" and the link will come up. I especially love the last paragraph.

The N.C. State athletic mission statement is “To Prepare, To Compete, To Inspire, To Achieve …” I have drafted an amended version: “To Prepare, To Compete, To Upset, To Disappoint ... Forever”

Maybe they can get Sidney "the Koolaide man" Lowe back and over pay him some more! LOL

I'm glad we got Syracuse out of the way earlier. They're playing better and we're playing worse.

They could well play themselves back into the NCAAT if they keep this up. They have a couple of almost certain losses ahead, but maybe only a couple.

I don't think either Archie or Sean would touch that gig right now.

It's been obvious for years that Gottfired is a few pay levels over his head in the ACC. Any halfway intelligent basketball fans can look at the product and see the results.

However this year his shortcomings are so blatantly obvious that even the muttpackers can see thru his act.....and that my friends is intensely hilarious. :)
State has now had 28 straight seasons with double digit losses. You'll love this quote from RetiredCoach01 on another site.

"During that stretch they've won a little over half their games. And guess which NCSU coach has the best winning % over the last 28 years? Mark Gottfried (a hair ahead of Herb).

We're in the golden era of NCSU basketball (over the last 28). Let that sink in for a moment."

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT