ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, we want to get it to Brice, but...

pattycakes131313

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2008
No doubt, getting the ball inside to Brice and fast breaking is the better "avenue" to victory. At the same, a good opponent will try to neutralize our strengths; some teams are more capable than others of "slowing" our inside threat and fast break.
Our offense has to show multiple threats inside and outside (3 pt shooting). Many times this year, our 3 point shooting has been poor and ineffective.
Frankly, last night, if Berry wouldn't hit the 3's it would have been a long night for our team.
I know a lot more about baseball (vs. basketball); in any sport, a good coach/team will game plan to neutralize the opposing teams strength. Sometimes, the opposing team does a better job of making "in-game" or halftime adjustments.
Just asking, does anyone think our offensive players just decide to not get the ball inside to Brice? I think our players are reacting to what the opposing defense is giving them? Am I missing something? (seriously).
To me, it's simple math, a well coached opposing team will take away our high percentage shots (i.e. inside game and fast break) and force us outside were we are less effective (but, improving some lately).
Long story short, if we are more than one dimensional on the offensive end; we have an opportunity to make a long run in the NCAA Tournament; if not, we won't make it to the Elite 8.
Think about our last 2 National Champ teams; we had multiple offensive threats.
Sorry, just a little frustrated (can't sleep), for most of you I'm stating the obvious?
I'm "coachable", please help me understand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News