ADVERTISEMENT

Yeti

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
I have 3 of their insulated drink cups, different sizes of course . . I use the 20 oz. for my coffee in the AM and I love it.

Anyone use their products . . ?

Here's a new item from them due out in early spring 2018 . . but, $299 for one chair seems a lot to pay, tho it may last a lifetime.

https://www.yeti.com/hondo-base-camp-chair/YHBCC.html?dwvar_YHBCC_color=charcoal&cgid=chairs#start=1

170999-Hondo-Website-Assets-Studio-PDP-Front-Quarter-Facing-02-1680x1024.jpg

I got a knockoff brand, RTIC, and have been happy with it. I just use mine for cold drinks.
For coffee, I have a Bodum travel mug. That thing is kick-ass.

Damn.... 3 bills for a lounge chair? Too rich for me.

I have a yeti cooler, Carolina Blue in color. Also have many yeti cups. These are essential in Florida.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I use a Rambler to keep water cold at my desk and to covertly sip mixed drinks at IOP, where drinking on the beach is technically prohibited.

Occasionally, I use the Colster at tailgates to keep my beer cold and my hand warm.

I have a yeti cooler, Carolina Blue in color. Also have many yeti cups. These are essential in Florida.

Their soft side cooler is awesome . . holds three 6 packs.

I got a knockoff brand, RTIC, and have been happy with it. I just use mine for cold drinks.
For coffee, I have a Bodum travel mug. That thing is kick-ass.

Damn.... 3 bills for a lounge chair? Too rich for me.

Yeah, thats a lot of green for an outdoor chair, Mark . .

have yeti's...we love them, minus the large soft cooler which is a joke...the zipper and design make it impossible to be practical.

they are missing the boat on a hard cooler with wheels.

Reactions: BillyL
have yeti's...we love them, minus the large soft cooler which is a joke...the zipper and design make it impossible to be practical.

they are missing the boat on a hard cooler with wheels.

The new soft coolers have a better design. But yeah, the older models were so tight you raked skin off your hand pulling a beer out. They had problems with the zippers breaking frequently so they redesigned them.

I have Yeti tumblers and bobo brand tumblers too. The Yetis work better. I hate to admit that, but they do. Lids fit tighter and they keep the liquid colder, longer.

Last edited:
Yet I had the market for a few years, but there are a few up and coming brands. I have several including a rather large carolina blue cooler. Hard to beat their performance

I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a cooler. I can buy an awful lot of ice and beer for the extra money.
Works well unless you are out on the water on a boat with no access to a store.

I've got a Tundra 45 my kids got me for my birthday and it's never disappointed me. But I've also got an Ozark Trail 73 that I can say the same thing about and I only paid like $150 for it. Honestly, I haven't been able to notice a difference in them as far as performance.

How many Yeti owners here have a yeti bumper sticker? ;) We own one of the 20oz that gets used for coffee on trips, but that hasn't spurred me to buy a bumper sticker, and I see tons of them.

I'm amazed at the yeti marketing. Can you imagine someone putting a Coleman bumper sticker on their car?

I couldn't bring myself to buy a Yeti because my former boss had one and loved it. Absolute ass and screwed me over big-time (which is why I left), so I swore I would not buy one. Plus, I am cheap and they are expensive.

So a friend of mine turned me on to RTIC. I bought a 30oz tumbler and spill proof lid to drink my coffee in every day. He custom engraved it with a UNC logo and my name, so it was pretty cool. I LOVED it. Kept my coffee hot all day long and I wore out 2-3 lids before this December having to buy a new one because I found out they discontinued the one I had and I couldn't get a new lid. So, I have a new one and love it just as much as the old one. I would highly recommend them, as they are as good (if not better) than Yeti and cost a lot less. I haven't tried their coolers or other products, but I did see that, like Yeti, they are branching out to other markets. They are about to start making gun cases and other such items.

Reactions: BillyL
It was -4 degrees this morning on the way in. It's now 0 with a wind chill of -15. No cooler needed except to keep beer from freezing.

Well.........I am in Nebraska so..... I usually buy ice in November for a beer cooler outside and usually don't buy again until march.
It was -4 degrees this morning on the way in. It's now 0 with a wind chill of -15. No cooler needed except to keep beer from freezing.
It is truly a wonder that Nebraska's state tourism bureau doesn't pay you commission for your persuasive and enticing description of the state.

Won a big ass Yeti cup at a golf tournament. The lid seems to sit a little tighter than the Ozark but other than that I can’t tell a difference. I wouldn’t pay the extra money for a cup, cooler, or chair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT